Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Share any good fonts or even kindle optimized fonts that you find for kindle here.

i thought there are not much good fonts for the kindle.so let us make this a thread for posting new,good looking fonts.and if you have modified/optimized fonts for the kindle,feel free to post them here.
NOTE:FONTS ARE COPYRIGHTED.SO DONT POST ANY ILLEGALY OBTAINED FONT I.E FROM TORRENTS.AND MAKE SURE THAT THE FONT'S TERM'S AND CONDITIONS PERMIT YOU TO FREELY DISTRIBUTE IT.

Last edited by techiemonkey; 07-22-2012 at 02:18 AM.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:39 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
I think this place is better for this purpose
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I think this place is better for this purpose
I don't see that one in the index system, only the font hack got indexed.

Nice to know it is there (somewhere), but shouldn't it be indexed?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #4
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
@thomass Nah forums are better than wikis.as many people don't or dont know how to post on wikis.also a dedicated forums will attract more people
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
@thomass Nah forums are better than wikis.as many people don't or dont know how to post on wikis.also a dedicated forums will attract more people

I strongly disagree. Forums aren't "better" or "worse" than Wikis, they're just different.

Forum threads are great for up-to-date information and ongoing discussions, but the important bits of information tend to be spread over many posts in many threads. And ultimately, these important bits tend to get buried inside the multiude of posts inside a thread, and the threads get buried inside the forum as they grow older.

This is exactly the reason why some questions keep getting asked and answered. Unless you exactly know what keywords you have to search for, even the forum search may not turn up useful results. Example: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185610 . Both thomass and I knew that there had been a thread about this before, but I only found the answer by searching for "kindle touch store button browser" (or so), because I remembered the context. bhaak couldn't have known about that "browser" bit and would probably not have found the thread, because he wouldn't have known which keywords to use.

Wiki pages, on the other hand, can provide aggregated (semi-)static information in a structured and concise way. Plus, everybody can edit them and add information, without requiring "central control" (such as a "most up-to-date info" first thread post, which always needs to be kept updated by the thread creator).

I think forum and wiki can complement each other. For instance, 95% of the fonts information mentioned in the Wiki was posted in the font hack thread. Try to find the relevant posts in the thread - good luck!

Last edited by ixtab; 07-22-2012 at 04:03 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:17 AM   #6
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I only found the answer by searching for "kindle touch store button browser" (or so), because I remembered the context. bhaak couldn't have known about that "browser" bit and would probably not have found the thread, because he wouldn't have known which keywords to use.
I used "launcher ,music ; thomass" to find this thread

Quote:
Then somone is needed to add them to the wiki whenever a new one appear here.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #7
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I don't see that one in the index system, only the font hack got indexed.

Nice to know it is there (somewhere), but shouldn't it be indexed?
added to K5_index/hacks
Old 07-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I strongly disagree. Forums aren't "better" or "worse" than Wikis, they're just different.

Forum threads are great for up-to-date information and ongoing discussions ...
Wiki pages, on the other hand, can provide aggregated (semi-)static information in a structured and concise way.
Let's (try to) strengthen this argument with real-world examples of printed content instead of digital content:

Threads are like newspapers in a library, where you may request old newpapers at the reference desk, like this:

Index wikis are like an index volume of an encyclopedia that occupies a shelf right in front of you, like this:

I hope this helps more people to see the differences that ixtab mentioned above. Pictures can translate ideas better than words in some cases. Click the images for more information about them.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-22-2012 at 08:25 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
That is exactly WHY I added the "Editing" link (please click it) to the right side of the top single-line index menu:

[ Index | HowTo | K2 | K3 | DX(G) | K4 | K5 | Hardware | Tools | Kindlet | WAF | Native | Forum | Editing ]

Also, you could just click the Edit tab at the top and copy and change other things in the index, which is exactly WHY I filled in the initial content with a bunch of different links to forum posts and threads, and to wiki pages and topic headers.

Saying that people "don't know how" is only saying that they "did not try". Some things take a little effort, but editting a wiki page only takes VERY LITTLE effort. Obviously, a lot of people DON'T take that minimal effort no matter how easy you try to make it. There are many more consumers than producers after all, but the internet is (hopefully) changing that.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-22-2012 at 08:36 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote