Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #16
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The difference is that kinamp is an add-on program, while the way I showed only uses built-in programs.

Your kinamp parameters look like the ones I posted many months ago for using with the optware mplayer, to play streaming VIDEO using "ascii art" mode in the myts terminal. Why do you use those VIDEO parameters with kinamp? Does kinamp support video now too? If so, we should be able to pipe that to my raw2gmv and gmplay programs (using different "better" video paramaters). If not, then why are those video parameters on your command line?

I see. I can see then why it would be the one to use, so you don't have to add an add-on program. I didn't know 'gstreamer-tools' was included on the Kindle as I know it wasn't originally on my Linux machine but needed for the command you provided above. Of course, if kinamp or mplayer work better...

And yeah, that method to stream audio has been on here for a while now. It's just the preferred method I've found. Although, testing that particular stream didn't seem to work using mplayer on my Linux laptop.

I wasn't aware those were VIDEO-ONLY parameters that I was using with that command. I found that format somewhere on here and, again, it seemed to work, so I adapted it for about 40 different Launchpad shortcuts to stream numerous radio stations. Anyway, I am unsure if Kinamp supports video. I've never tried it for such. Mplayer of course does; maybe it might be better to include in your upcoming video streaming work?

Btw, if those parameters are unnecessary, could you possibly tweak that Launchpad shortcut command I gave without them? I'm always happy to get help from a much more knowledgeable source than myself.

Last edited by inameiname; 05-13-2012 at 06:59 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #17
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
Btw, if those parameters are unnecessary, could you possibly tweak that Launchpad shortcut command I gave without them? I'm always happy to get help from a much more knowledgeable source than myself.
I do not have time to test mundane tasks that others can easily do. Please try removing each parameter (and its value) one at a time, and if it breaks put that one back. That is what I would do. Smaller is better...

Or, better yet, read the mplayer man page to learn which are the video parameters (i.e. RTFM).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
I do not have time to test mundane tasks that others can easily do. Please try removing each parameter (and its value) one at a time, and if it breaks put that one back. That is what I would do. Smaller is better...
Ah. Sorry. Will do then. I just didn't know what part was for the video. No biggie.

And thanks. Will check out the manpage of mplayer then.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #19
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
Ah. Sorry. Will do then. I just didn't know what part was for the video. No biggie.

And thanks. Will check out the manpage of mplayer then.
Of course, there is the "if it works, don't fix it" philosophy, which is also valid (but could lead to questions like mine again in the future).
Old 05-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #20
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Of course, there is the "if it works, don't fix it" philosophy, which is also valid (but could lead to questions like mine again in the future).
Haha, true true. I can see what parts could be subtracted anyway. I've done a lot of stuff as far as tweaks and whatnot for my Kindle and having this already working, I haven't cared to spend even a minute glancing at it in the first place, since it works. :P
Old 06-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #21
ernalve
ernalve began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 5
ssh

Hi, I'm a newbie in this and would love to have this hack in my ktouch. Could you explain me how to "- execute 'restart framework' through SSH"?

Thanks in advance...

Install procedure:
- extract zip file to /mnt/us/
- execute 'restart framework' through SSH
- Guess what? -> Done!
ernalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #22
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
ssh into the kindle and enter in 'restart framework' OR 'killall cvm'
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #23
yoonsikp
yoonsikp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi I tried this hack, and I clicked the record button in launcher. I waited a few seconds, and then I clicked stop record. However, when I clicked play recording there nothing happened, and when I checked the music folder on my kindle there was nothing there. Any help?
yoonsikp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #24
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoonsikp View Post
Hi I tried this hack, and I clicked the record button in launcher. I waited a few seconds, and then I clicked stop record. However, when I clicked play recording there nothing happened, and when I checked the music folder on my kindle there was nothing there. Any help?
It records audio sounds, not thoughts. Sing to it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #25
yoonsikp

I did..... llol
Old 06-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #26
yoonsikp

Where is the directory supposed to be for audio recordings?
Old 07-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #27
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
I just tested, and you can still play audio files the old way too (including piped-in network streams). For example, with wifi on, this will play BBC on a K3 or a K5:

wget -O - http://mp32.bbc.streamuk.com | gst-launch playbin uri=fd://0
They just covered the Turing Story.

Ah Gay Rights, Stored program computers, AI and the poison apple. Got to love the BBC.

Thanks GM

On a side note:

gst-ffmpeg looks interesting.

Last edited by twobob; 07-01-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: It's now finished.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:09 AM   #28
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Thanks GM

On a side note:

gst-ffmpeg looks interesting.
Hmm... I did not notice that one. I will have to see how well (or if) it works when I get some time... Thanks. I prefer using built-in stuff when possible (check out some of the eink algorithmic art stuff for a laugh (especially "titty" and its derivatives). Perhaps you did? I moved on to C -- check out he newtrix demo.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #29
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Hmm... I did not notice that one. I will have to see how well (or if) it works when I get some time... Thanks. I prefer using built-in stuff when possible (check out some of the eink algorithmic art stuff for a laugh (especially "titty" and its derivatives). Perhaps you did? I moved on to C -- check out he newtrix demo.
Yep. I have downloaded and tested everything on this forum. I think.
All of your stuff AFAIK

If I haven't yet then that's simply because my searches haven't brought it up or it's not on a major index.

I suspect my time would be best served pumping a wav through your eink stuff to get my eye in.

Perhaps I shall have a play with that. I seem to be running out of example code to tinker with. Thanks GM
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #30
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Yep. I have downloaded and tested everything on this forum. I think.
All of your stuff AFAIK

If I haven't yet then that's simply because my searches haven't brought it up or it's not on a major index.

I suspect my time would be best served pumping a wav through your eink stuff to get my eye in.

Perhaps I shall have a play with that. I seem to be running out of example code to tinker with. Thanks GM
Either you were a long-time lurker, or you got no sleep since you discovered us.

I have almost 2600 (the magic number?) posts (not counting many hundreds of PMs). I cannot even find all my own stuff, because the search engine quits after 500. How did you find all my stuff?

The indexes are new and have barely scrathed the surface. I only indexed my stuff that I found in the first 3 pages of the forum. Just this forum has 16.37 bajillion (or is that bazillion?) posts. It would take a LONG time to browse through them.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-02-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Tags
launcher, launcher add-ons