Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 03:59 AM   #16
nickdotcat
nickdotcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4 NT
Exclamation

Hi, thanks for your effort on this work firstly!

I'm a Chinese guy and I want to do such translation to Chinese. According to your post, I translate a .string file and package it to have a first see. However, although I can install my package and switch to my custom language, but my translation (in Chinese) can't display well. It shows □□□□ instead of Chinese words.

Is there any config file that need to be done? Hope for your help.
nickdotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:15 AM   #17
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
@nickdotcat,
Send me your source files to rsoft @ tut.by, I will check it.
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #18
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
@nickdotcat, you need to create zn.properties file with correct locale settings.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #19
AlexeyII
AlexeyII began at the beginning.

to Sir Alex:
some bugs in localization
- contex menu on main screen is broken
- "delete" image is english
- please change Wifi/3G to Wifi
- window "Turn Wi-fi On ?" is english

Last edited by AlexeyII; 12-17-2011 at 12:29 PM.
AlexeyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #20
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

@AlexeyII, thanks
New version 4.03 available. Link available in first post.

For other developers, K3Translator has minor bugfixes so update it.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #21
nickdotcat

@Sir Alex
According to your suggestion, I change the fonts and it can display Chinese now. Thanks.

Another question: I know you're familiar with k3, so is there a recovery mode for k4 just like what on k3?
Old 12-19-2011, 02:31 AM   #22
Sir Alex
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdotcat View Post
@Sir Alex
According to your suggestion, I change the fonts and it can display Chinese now. Thanks.
welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdotcat View Post
Another question: I know you're familiar with k3, so is there a recovery mode for k4 just like what on k3?
Recovery mode works in Serial console, I don not know how to access to it without serial line. Try to hold buttons while Kindle booting, may be some combination of keys will enter in Recovery mode.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:31 PM   #23
nickdotcat

@seaniko7,
Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm not very familiar with this font settings or can you tell me which file that I can make a copy? The font.properties file?

@Sir Alex,
I will try this...
Old 01-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #24
kingpin409
kingpin409 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4 (NT)
I'm trying to make Czech localization, but every time I got U007 error. It is certificate error, but I jailbreaked my Kindle as is writen in the post on the first page. Does anybody knows what should I do? My FW version is 4.01

Thank you
kingpin409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #25
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
@Sir Alex: do you know, where the reboot.pgn is located on the K3, this is one of the few leftovers to be localised on the K3, as well as "your kindle is updating ..."
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #26
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Just another question, how could the keyboard be modified? Some people are missing the §, which is not on K4 keyboard. I have implemented in K3 and it is on Touch. Any way to do this?
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #27
varics
varics began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
I've been started to work on the Hungarian localization for the non-touch Kindle 4.
varics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #28
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin409 View Post
I'm trying to make Czech localization, but every time I got U007 error. It is certificate error, but I jailbreaked my Kindle as is writen in the post on the first page. Does anybody knows what should I do? My FW version is 4.01

Thank you
How it's going with your localization?
I don't know why is error appear, but I can test it on my device.
Also exists another way of update than OTA, but I don't know how you are
skilled in bash, so I can first try it to run on my Kindle, if you will
upload you OTA bin somewhere.

Last edited by hostar; 02-02-2012 at 11:03 AM.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:58 AM   #29
Sir Alex
Groupie

Russian hack upgraded to 4.04 - Now it's support keyboard localization. Also added keyboard only hack (Minimal version of Localization hack). More info in the first post.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #30
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
I've made a Czech localization for firmware 4.1 and I need to test it properly now.
It looks OK on my devices.
Does anybody want to test it ?
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote