Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Jetbook/Libre vs Astak/Hanlin

Can anyone who has both comment on which they preferred? I have played with the Pocket Pro before but don't own one. I am trying out a Libre right now as a second reader (love my Kindle but want a cheap second one for magazines, fanfiction and other 'trashy' stuff, of which I have far too much to clutter up the folder-less Kindle with). I have gotten the hang of the Libre and am enjoying being able to load stuff onto a memory card and not have to plug in the reader for it, but it is not compatible with Calibre and feels a little heavier than the Pocket Pro did. Plus the buttons are not optimal for holding one-handed. But overall it is a solid reader and very inexpensive...

Is there a big enough difference here to make an upgrade worthwhile? Is the Pocket Pro *much* lighter or only a tiny bit? Which do you prefer?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
PP is a bit lighter -- 5.7 oz vs. 7.5 oz.

Why do you say Calibre doesn't work with the Libre? You can always select X number of books and choose the option "save to folder" to save them en masse to the reader.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Yes, I have been doing 'save to folder.' But it would be easier if it would show up as a reader in Calibre so I could just transfer what I wanted and not have to muck around with the folders and such. I am sort of enjoying being able to transfer content without plugging in the reader though

Is the Sony more comfortable to hold one-handed? The Libre is really comfortable if you turn it on the side, but then there is a flicker when the pages turn. It's weighted kind of oddly to hold with one hand.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote