Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #106
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Just unpacked the SkinDigital cover I ordered for my GF's new Glo. I'm very impressed.
<snip>
The only thing I would change, and this is strictly personal preference, is the clasp location. I prefer the Gecko's clasp location, sewn on the front cover and fastening to the back, while the SkinDigital, as with Kobo's own leather cover, fastens to the front.
I agree. It's only a small thing, but to my mind would make a big difference. But having said that, the SkinDigital case is very nice indeed.
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #107
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
I finally got my case and I'm really happy about it. The case is pretty, good quality, and small. I feel better knowing my Kobo Glo will finally be well protected.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #108
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
I purchased the Skin Digital Easel style model and love it. I also got the same from them for my Samsung Note phone and they are easy to use and well made. I don't know why they photographed the case with the tab coming forward in front, I keep my heading back. https://www.skindigitalstore.com/kob...se-cover-flip/
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #109
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Dixieknits I ended up ordering just the Leather Case Jacket (opens like a book style) because of that flap.

It just looked to me like it would cover up the bottom of the screen, or if you put it behind that it would over balance the whole thing and make it unstable.

So it's good to hear your views.

Also, did yours come with white or black stitching?

I think the white stitching would have put me off a bit.

PS I'm still awaiting mine. Because I tracked it I know that it's been in Aus for about 1 week - but it still hasn't hit the mail clearance exchange, which seems to suggest that it's stuck in a queue at a Customs holding yard.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #110
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Lynx, my Kobo Glo Case has the white stitching and my Samsung Note Phone has the black. I prefer the black, also, but for the quality and price I'm really happy with the Kobo flip/easel case. The promoters really botched up by leaving the tab in front of the screen. It easily flips back and can be snapped if viewing easel style on a slippery surface.
Mine took under a week from Hong Kong to Florida, USA. I did require my signature so I had to fetch it from the PO. I'll be happy to buy from them again.
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #111
Future Science
Future Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo glo
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to buy a Kobo Glo in the next few days.

Here in Italy, at the official stores that sell the Kobo, on eBay.it and on Amazon.it, the prices for the covers and cases for the Kobo Glo are pretty high (>20€).

Therefore I've been searching for something cheaper, without sacrificing too much in terms of quality and after reading on the forums I come up with these cases/covers for around 10€:

1) New Kobo Glo Folio Case Cover Pouch with Magnetic Clasp for the New Kobo Glo 6 inch 2012 eReader available at WHSmith (Black) - £ 4.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Folio-Magnet...8414999&sr=1-1

2) FoneM8® - New Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch Pro Book Leather Case Cover - Black - £ 3.95
http://www.amazon.co.uk/FoneM8%C2%AE...8414999&sr=1-5

3) Xtra-Funky Exclusive PU Leather Case Wallet Cover For WHsmith's Kobo Glo E-Reader Device (KOBO GLO, BLACK) - £ 7.49
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...&s=electronics

4) Navitech Blue Bycast Leather Flip Carry Case For The Kobo Glo eReader (As sold by WHSmith) - £ 9.99 (more expensive than the others)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Navitech-Byc...414999&sr=1-16

Then after reading this topic I realized an interesting option in the SkinDigital Genuine Leather Case, available for only $16, shipping included (around 12 euro).
5) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kobo-Glo-eRe...item5aebfe7232

What's your take among these 5?

Or should I be looking for something different?
Future Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #112
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Future Science did you rule out Skin Digital?

There's free postage and the prices are cheap, including the leather products.

I'm not sure if the 10% code off is still working, because it's still being advertised:

HOLIDAY10

I bought this cover from them, and it's not too bad at all:

Kobo Glo eReader Black Genuine Leather Case Cover Jacket + Screen Guard

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-17-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #113
Future Science
Future Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura aboutFuture Science has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Future Science did you rule out Skin Digital?

There's free postage and the prices are cheap, including the leather products.

I'm not sure if the 10% code off is still working, because it's still being advertised:

HOLIDAY10

I bought this cover from them, and it's not too bad at all:

Kobo Glo eReader Black Genuine Leather Case Cover Jacket + Screen Guard
Dear Lynx,
as you can see, SkinDigital cover occupies the 5th spot of my list just because I found it out only after reading this thread.
With further reading and collecting further information, it's very very likely that I'll buy it!

Thanks for your suggestion and for the promo code (I hope it still works)!
Future Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #114
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
Man, if they had that one in brown leather, I would be all over that.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #115
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
I bought my cover from SkinDigital and I'm really impressed. The quality of the cover is there, it's cheap, no shipping fee and numerous payment methods as well. It just took some time to get here but that is the sole issue I've had.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:29 AM   #116
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Glo Slimfit

For those of you interested: Our Slimfit covers for the Glo are available since yesterday evening. Biggest improvement, compared to our Luxe or Leather cases, is the 'thin-ness' of it. The Slimfit cover also has an auto 'wake-up/sleep' function. Hope you guys like it!

Please take a look: http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-glo-slimfit-cover.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo_glo_slimfit_blauw_2.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	99602  
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #117
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
For those of you interested: Our Slimfit covers for the Glo are available since yesterday evening. Biggest improvement, compared to our Luxe or Leather cases, is the 'thin-ness' of it. The Slimfit cover also has an auto 'wake-up/sleep' function. Hope you guys like it!

Please take a look: http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-glo-slimfit-cover.html
Finally, a slim cover for the Glo, but why so expensive and such a limited selection of boring colour options? A similar cover for my Paperwhite cost £10 including delivery and is available in many beautiful colours, which is one of the reasons I now have a Kindle and not a Kobo.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #118
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Dear Lyn,

The quality we offer cannot be sold for 10 pounds including shipment, I am afraid (this is not to say that the cover you have is not quality). We think our covers are very reasonably priced, certainly compared to the 'offical brands'. Since the slimfit covers are quite labour-intensive, we cannot provide a wide range of colours. We, therfore, chose to go for the most popular colours.

Hopefully this answers your remarks.
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #119
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Gecko is too costly for this Australian when compared to other providers of quality Kobo cases.

The cost of the Slimfit case (per your web site) is AUD $35.55.

That case is not leather either.

Your other leather cases are more expensive.

Then there's the postage:

'For shipment outside Europe we charge €6,50.'

Not sure how much that might translate to in AUD, but the point is it's additional to the cost of the case.

You're way too expensive to compete in this region.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #120
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle III, Kobo Glo, Samsung Galaxy SIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Gecko is too costly for this Australian when compared to other providers of quality Kobo cases.

The cost of the Slimfit case (per your web site) is AUD $35.55.

That case is not leather either.

Your other leather cases are more expensive.

Then there's the postage:

'For shipment outside Europe we charge €6,50.'

Not sure how much that might translate to in AUD, but the point is it's additional to the cost of the case.

You're way too expensive to compete in this region.
Depends on how you look upon it. Kobo sells the sleepcover (slimfit) for €35,00, so I think Gecko is up to par.......
Allthough I am a bit surprised that they don't make them out of real leather.
BarnOwl is offline   Reply With Quote