Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #1
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
Knitting on the Kindle

So, I emailed myself several of my pdf knitting patterns. I am just tickled pink to see how well they show up on the Kindle. I love my Kindle the best!
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I've also loaded a number of patterns from my knitting software (Sweater Wizard and Sock Wizard) in .txt format with good results.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedre View Post
So, I emailed myself several of my pdf knitting patterns. I am just tickled pink to see how well they show up on the Kindle. I love my Kindle the best!
Oh, from the title I though maybe you were going to knit yourself a cover.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
Oh, from the title I though maybe you were going to knit yourself a cover.

Someone already has.

Scroll down. http://kindlereader.blogspot.com/
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #5
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Kozy

I knit myself a slipcover for the Kindle. It's very handy when you want to slip the device into a purse or tote bag. I used sock yarn so it wouldn't be too bulky and keeping to the "Amazon" theme, the pattern calls for Opal Rainforest yarn although I actually used another Opal colorway in the model.

The pattern is available on my blog.

Jan
The Kindle Reader
http://kindlereader.blogspot.com
Bartimaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2008, 02:37 PM   #6
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
That's really cute but I'd worry about carrying my Kindle around in a bag without a stiff case. The screens are somewhat fragile.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
That's really cute but I'd worry about carrying my Kindle around in a bag without a stiff case. The screens are somewhat fragile.
You could always sew a piece of cardboard in . Or if you use something stiffer like plexyglass, thin plywood or metal sheet, contact glue a strip of fabric all around it to then sew it inside your knitted jacket.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle slipcover too fragile?

I didn't mention it, but the slipcover in the pattern is actually designed to fit inside the Kindle with its cover on. I actually love using the Kindle in the cover that came with it and put the Kindle (cover and all) inside the knitted Kindle Kozy so it has plenty of protection.

Jan
The Kindle Reader
http://kindlereader.blogspot.com/
Bartimaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #9
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Oh cool! I'll have to finish this pair of socks and a pair of leg warmers for my DD *then* I'll knit a Kindle Kozy.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote