Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
Valhalla
Zealot
Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Buying from kobobooks in Australia?

Anyone know if it is possible to bypass geographic restrictions on Kobobooks? Do you need a US credit card or just a US address?

Thanks
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:54 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
They base what version of the site displays based on your IP address and your registered credit card information. Australians are directed to an AU version of the site. Canadians the CA one, etc.

I do not know what happens if you surf there using a proxy and do not have a cc registered with them at the time you buy something. I do know it is against their user agreement to do things like that--but whether or not they enforce it...well, no one has reported on this kind of situation, yet.

I see you have a kindle--I assume you now that the formats/DRM is different than the books on kobobooks.

Last edited by taming; 10-16-2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: more info, hopefully clearer than my first attempt
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert