Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #46
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
BTW: Voting procedure. I was thinking once we got our ten or got to the end of the nominations period that the poll would allow for multiple selections but we would ask that each person vote for up to 2 selections.

Thoughts?

BOb
Sounds good to me. for organising BOb.

Can I also second 'Last of the Mohicans' while I'm here? Never read it, about time I did.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:00 AM   #47
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I wasn't paying attention and didn't join in on the PtI read. This one I plan to. I'd be happy with Bronte, though here are a couple others;

The Count of Monte-Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
Candide - Voltaire

-MJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm not participating, of course, ...
Of course?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #48
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Of course?
Zelda is a book club unto herself and is quite capable of carrying on a solo conversion with many Zeldas.

BOb
Old 11-18-2008, 10:05 AM   #49
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Zelda is a book club unto herself and is quite capable of carrying on a solo conversion with many Zeldas.

BOb
heh. i have no idea what you mean by that, but thanks.

zelda2 : (yeah, thanks.)

zelda3 : (from me too.)
Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #50
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
heh. i have no idea what you mean by that, but thanks.

zelda2 : (yeah, thanks.)

zelda3 : (from me too.)
Neither do I. But it was meant as a compliment. You're all welcome.

BOb
Old 11-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #51
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Neither do I. But it was meant as a compliment. You're all welcome.

BOb
Old 11-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #52
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
i'm not participating, of course,
So why aren't you contributing Queen Z?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:27 AM   #53
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
So why aren't you contributing Queen Z?
oh, you know, the usual... lots of books already on my reading list, so probably not a good idea to add more... and lots to do besides read, so possibly a bit difficult to keep to the schedule... plus profound aversion to deadlines and schedules (i have enough of them for work)...

i like discussion and i think the book club is a brilliant idea, i just have a probably near-pathological desire to avoid constraints of any sort. don't mind me though, i'm seeking help. carry on. truly, i think it's stellar. i'll be lurking. and i might join in from time to time anyway, on some books. just as long as i don't feel i *have* to. (sorry. i realize it's a bit puerile.)
Old 11-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #54
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
i'll be lurking. and i might join in from time to time anyway, on some books. just as long as i don't feel i *have* to. (sorry. i realize it's a bit puerile.)
You DON'T have to do anything. Join in or not. Plan to read it or not. We are the easy going MRBC. You are more than welcome to nominate and vote... or don't. (Unless the Grand Poobah Joanne objects.)

BOb
Old 11-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #55
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
You DON'T have to do anything. Join in or not. Plan to read it or not. We are the easy going MRBC. You are more than welcome to nominate and vote... or don't. (Unless the Grand Poobah Joanne objects.)

BOb
thanks, that's nice of you. i do realize it's not hyper strict. that's why i keep lurking.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #56
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hound of the Baskervilles sounds wonderful. The original movie is a classic.
I read the entire Holmes omnibus years ago, and would love an excuse to do so again
Old 11-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #57
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
I second Three Men In A Boat - Jerome K Jerome and would also toss in a second for any of the Trollopes or Wodehouses!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #58
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Yes I third the Wodehouse too. PGW is great to brighten up your day.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #59
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Isn't everyone on the forum already using Wodehouse as their 'other book' filler while reading something else?

-MJ
Old 11-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #60
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Isn't everyone on the forum already using Wodehouse as their 'other book' filler while reading something else?

-MJ
i am.
Closed Thread

Tags
mrbc