Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 04:24 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Multiple Gmail-invites giveaways

We have twelve SIXTEEN TWENTY-TWO Gmail invites to giveaway. All you have to do is reply to this thread and tell us what your favorite eBook reader is any why (one or two sentences is enough).

PS: If you won a Gmail invite before, but haven't received it yet, please PM me - I need your contact e-mail to send the invite!
Old 09-07-2004, 06:14 AM   #2
hodson
hodson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie NX80V
By far, my favorite eBook reader is iSilo. It doesn't read ALL the formats but what makes it the best in my mind is its little companion...iSiloX. Using these two together is a very powerful combination. Now not only can I read most eBooks, I can also convert any website VERY quickly to be read later on my PDA after the next HotSync. I like the way that iSiloX keeps much of the formatting in the conversion so it looks better on my screen. iSiloX also allows me to "password protect" any document and gives me the choice on whether to put it in PDA RAM or on the memory card. Nice touch. There are so many options to "tweak" it makes it a GREAT program for advanced as well as newbies.

iSilo also has a feature that I look for in any reader I've tried...it does an excellent job of smooth scrolling. This is my favorite way to read.

Thanks for the opportunity to share and try for a Gmail Invite!

Frank Hodson III
fchodson@hodsonhome.com
Advert
Old 09-07-2004, 11:08 AM   #3
rbentley101
rbentley101 began at the beginning.

Isilo is my favorite. This little program does it all. It can read ebooks and html. With IsiloX you have everything. I am able to read books, check websites and even read the comics. Doesn't get much better than this.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:46 PM   #4
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
I've got 4 unused GMail invites also, from the thread earlier last week... most of those that responded in that thread have GMail accounts, and the two that did not, I've contacted privately to give them their address.

So I have 4 left to hand out. That makes 16 total between the two of us.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:54 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's too cool! Made the changes in the first post.
Advert
Old 09-07-2004, 03:03 PM   #6
jerryss
jerryss began at the beginning.

Device: Clie 615
I use Isolo.

What can I say. There is very little that this cool program won't do.

Thanks for the opportunity to share and try for a Gmail Invite!

Jerry
Old 09-07-2004, 04:12 PM   #7
tipsorg
tipsorg began at the beginning.

Hello there and thanks for gmail chance !

My favorite eBook reader is Mobipocket: a secure reading system and so much notes included for each downloaded ebook.

All tHe best!
tipsorg AT yahoo.com
Old 09-07-2004, 05:24 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

jerryss, check your email for the invite. tipsorg, rbentley101, hodson PM me and tell me where you want to have the invite send to.

12 more invites available. Hurry
Old 09-07-2004, 06:44 PM   #9
Dan Hamilton
Nameless Being

Fav E-Book Reader

My favorite is Palmone's eReader Pro.

I have used it for several year and I love it.

The eReader bookstore has a wide selection of currently popular titles, making it easy to find a variety of books to take with me on one of my many business trips.

The eReader software supports a variety of fonts and colore schemes, allowing me to customize the reader to make it easy on my eyes. I also like the abililty to use bookmarks to save my place, and to annotate by adding my own personal notes, when desired.

Old 09-07-2004, 07:49 PM   #10
Unregistered
Nameless Being

Another eReader user here, who appreciates the ability to change the backgrounds, font faces and size, note capabilities and bookmarks.

I also like the eReader store, powered by Peanut Press, for a great variety at discount prices without the hassles of points.

Paul Sanz
fulltext@msn.com

Old 09-07-2004, 08:19 PM   #11
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I don't need a gmail invite, but do have 6 I can add to the pool, if you want them (they just keep giving them to me! )

Incidently, I _love_ ubook, it's now my favourite reader, followed equally in second place by isilo and mobipocket reader. I just wish isilo had a landscape option.

Craig.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:51 PM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

That's great, Craig! Lemme change the first post again...

If I counted correctly, we now have 16 out of 22 invites left. This is your chance, if you don't have an Gmail e-mail yet.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:58 PM   #13
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
How long are you guys planning to keep this thread alive if you constantly add more and more invite giveaways

My favorite reader is Plucker, because it is open-source and probably has the nicest output of html-converted documents. Followed by eBook Reader for $$-books

(no invite for me; I've won one in an earlier contest here )
Old 09-08-2004, 02:25 AM   #14
blueberrycheese
blueberrycheese began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten W
TomeRaider is for me!

TomeRaider is my favorite as the menu is intuitive. Its easy to create book marks and I like the customizable autoscroll.

But nothing beats Plucker for my HTML eBooks collection (and for offline reading too). Good features plus its free!

Last edited by blueberrycheese; 09-08-2004 at 02:28 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:12 AM   #15
jryanlee80
jryanlee80 began at the beginning.

Device: TREO 600
I am using Isilo. It meets my requirements and expectations.
Closed Thread