Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
Spelly
Spelly began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
How can I force a re-index

For some reason my device no longer re-indexes after uploading new pdfs. I do not get the indexing message and I do not see the newly added files. If I delete an old file it still appears in the list, but if I try and open it I get an error 4. resetting has not helped. Does anyone have any ideas? Thx

I was able to fix things by renaming the global.db file. All appears to be fixed for the moment.

Last edited by Spelly; 09-10-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Found answer
Spelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I have heard before that the global.db file got corrupted and the only way it to remove/rename it. I have a question, do you remember if you did anything special just before the problem occured (if we know what the cause was others can try to avoid it)?
Things like: reset the device manually; removing battery; 'auto shutdown' because of empty battery; etc.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spelly View Post
For some reason my device no longer re-indexes after uploading new pdfs. I do not get the indexing message and I do not see the newly added files. If I delete an old file it still appears in the list, but if I try and open it I get an error 4. resetting has not helped. Does anyone have any ideas? Thx

I was able to fix things by renaming the global.db file. All appears to be fixed for the moment.
Reindexing is handled by mdbindex program in the device.
If you have access to a shell in your DR you can type:
Code:
# mdbindex /media/mmcblk0p1
and look at the possible errors there.

Anyway, the simple solution is what Mackx has said, delete (or better, rename) global.db file at the root of the SD card. Note that it will take some time if you have lots of files.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I have also seen corrupted metadata.db file (the local databases in every directory) that prevented scribbles/annotations from being added. SQLite2009Pro (free tool running under windows) can read most of the data, but also reports that the file is corrupted and does not allow any changes anymore. Is there an (open sourced) tool that can repair corrupted sqlite3 databases?
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I have also seen corrupted metadata.db file (the local databases in every directory) that prevented scribbles/annotations from being added. SQLite2009Pro (free tool running under windows) can read most of the data, but also reports that the file is corrupted and does not allow any changes anymore. Is there an (open sourced) tool that can repair corrupted sqlite3 databases?
There is a multiplatform firefox extension I sometimes use named SQLite Manager with interesting functions like "Analyze Database" and "Check Integrity". Maybe they can help.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert