Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 02:18 AM   #1
GBowen
GBowen began at the beginning.

Device: PS550
DJVU reader

There are quite a few DJVU files on www.archive.org. These are like cut down PDFs but PDF readers generally don't touch them. I have a Linux program that opens them fine on my PC.
What is the best option for DJVU on iPad? I have Goodreader, Cloudreader and Pages but have not tried any with DVJU as none states that they support the format. There are 2 iPod DJVU readers. They seem much of a muchness but would need reading in 2x mode.
If anyone has any experience it would save me transferring a file into 4 different places (1 for each app) to find out.
GBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Maybe you can be our tester person? (I don't have an iPad yet)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 05:09 AM   #3
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Stanza for iPad has just been released, and the release notes include support for DejaVu files.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
djvureader
djvureader began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Red face

Has anyone used Stanza yet for djvu files? I want to know how it handles OCR and search within djvu files. If it works great, then I think I'll buy an ipad.
djvureader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:32 AM   #5
pinkall
pinkall began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
I just transferred a 2.8 MB djvu book to stanza on my iphone. After working for about 10 minutes(!) on importing the file, stanza now shows a 56 MB pdf in my library. I therefore assume that the djvu is converted to images stored in a pdf.

The image quality is fine even when zooming in, but reading the pdf on the iphone is lacking two vital features: landscape mode and horizontal scroll lock. On the ipad (which I am going to get tomorrow) this might be ok, but on the iphone so far stanza is no match for XDjvu.
pinkall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #6
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Stanza was too slow. Dont know what it was doing..maybe what pinkall has referred.

I then purchased Easy DJVU Reader..it was low priced enough to warrant a reckless purchase. I find it pretty good.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
gepett
gepett began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hello,
I am pleased to announce a native DjVu Reader for the iPad platform named (sic)
DjVu Reader.

It is still work in progress and is aimed at reading DjVu documents comfortably.
Current version is 1.0.1, 1.0.2 in review at Apple.

Next version is 1.1.0 and displays a list of already opened files, for easy resuming.

I hope that you will find it as usefull as I find it.
gepett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
djvu