Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
malamona
malamona began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Question Multi-user calibre library

Dear all,

I would like to know what is the status of making calibre library multi-user and not single-user entity. I am willing to help.

Best regards,
M
malamona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The status is its on my TODO list. If you want to help, work on the new db backend in calibre (see calibre/db/*) that is the first step.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
sebojolais
sebojolais began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dear kovid,

At first, thank you for your great job.
This message is to know if there are any news on this topic?
I saw in github that you worked actively on the backend.py in db.
Could you kindly indicate a status for this feature? (multi user calibre)
- Planned but not begin
- works in progress
- Finished, needs test
- Tested and closed
I am available to support you during the testing process.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Best regards,

Sebojolais
sebojolais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is a long way to go for multi-user support, currently the first stage, the refactoring of the database backend is in progress.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote