Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Jack Reacher Movie

Apparently we're getting closer to a Jack Reacher movie with Tom Cruise playing Reacher. Found a blog on the Internet Movie Data Base that mentions it. Apparently the film will be from the book One Shot.

Read about it here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114814/news#ni26892410
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Apparently we're getting closer to a Jack Reacher movie with Tom Cruise playing Reacher. Found a blog on the Internet Movie Data Base that mentions it. Apparently the film will be from the book One Shot.

Read about it here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114814/news#ni26892410
Thanks.

Looking forward to a Reacher film, but, Goddammit, and I know this has been discussed before, Cruise is not Reacher material!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
It seems like Hollywood has not developed in the past twenty years another actor or three who could play that role well, and sell tickets too.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Thanks.

Looking forward to a Reacher film, but, Goddammit, and I know this has been discussed before, Cruise is not Reacher material!
I agree 100000000000000000%
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #5
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i think i'd prefer Jason Statham more...
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2012, 02:59 AM   #6
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Seth McFarlane is Jack Reacher.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool You're 'avin' a larf ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
i think i'd prefer Jason Statham more...
Well, apart from still not having quite the altitude, or sufficiently follicle-y endowed - but much more suitable than Cruise.

To be honest, although I enjoy the books very much, great fun, I really don't think I'll ever be able to see the film.
Every time Cruise hoves into view, first I won't be able to, well, control my amusement, to the detriment of other viewers enjoyment, and second, if they try and get anywhere close to the literary Reacher, I'll go crazy trying to work out the tricks used in every scene to give about 2 feet up, and 100lbs of muscle for said actor.

As for the acting, well, there probably won't be a lot of that on show.........

(Oooh, aren't I the bold one .... )
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #8
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
If Clint Eastwwod were younger, he would be a good choice.
Liam Neeson would be great. He has the build for it and is a great actor.
Hugh Jachman would also work.
If they are going to pick Tom Cruise they might as well have picked Danny Devito or Martin Short.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #9
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
If Clint Eastwwod were younger, he would be a good choice. Liam Neeson would be great. He has the build for it and is a great actor. Hugh Jachman would also work.
What about Matt Damon? I thought he was great as Jason Bourne and am disappointed that he won't be reprising the role in the upcoming August release.

Or Daniel Craig?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #10
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Seth McFarlane is Jack Reacher.
I've just Google Imaged him, and he's way too smiley IMO. EVERY single picture has him smiling or grinning. Has Jack Reacher ever smiled?

I was thinking Gerard Butler. At least he is 6' 2" and can look tough.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #11
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
IHugh Jachman would also work.
He can do the attitude, but he is too short.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Reacher's size, bulk and overall density are simply ingrained in all the different plots. The denseness of his pectoral muscles alone stopped a bullet dead in its tracks in one of the books for cripes sake.

Tom Cruise could pull off "sneaky assassin," but any attempt to portray him as a "hulking bruiser of a badass" will be laughable. And rewriting Jack Reacher as anything less than a hulking bruiser of a badass will be unacceptable.

I'll watch it; because I don't have a problem maintaining a healthy separation between book and movie (and no movie has the power to retroactively ruin my experience of a good book/character), but he just won't be Jack Reacher. He simply can't be.

Maybe Peter Jackson can consult, and give this film's director some pointers on how to reverse-hobbitize Cruise using different camera angles and such.

Mini-Reacher. Who gets the blame for that casting call, anyway? I know Lee Child is at least pretending to give "Cruise as Reacher" his full support, but what else would you expect an author in his situation do?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #13
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Reacher's size, bulk and overall density are simply ingrained in all the different plots. The denseness of his pectoral muscles alone stopped a bullet dead in its tracks in one of the books for cripes sake.
oh man, that made me giggle a lot

i've been meaning to start reading this series for sooo long now, but i'm waiting for a discount/sale/kindle daily deal
Old 05-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #14
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
i've been meaning to start reading this series for sooo long now, but i'm waiting for a discount/sale/kindle daily deal
Apologies for the potential spoiler then.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #15
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Apologies for the potential spoiler then.
no problem gives me something to fantasize on