Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #1696
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Kobo closed the trivia contest due to technical difficulties. Was anyone having problems with the contest?

More likely I think the Kobo bean counters broke out into a cold sweat when they realised all they have given away

Kobo.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #1697
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But don't forget that VoucherCodes40 will get you 40% off those books, not 30%. And lasts until 31st January!
Good point. And not just those books either, also other books...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #1698
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
More likely I think the Kobo bean counters broke out into a cold sweat when they realised all they have given away

Kobo.
I was wondering that as well. Maybe the technical difficulty was that it was handing out too many 75% off coupons... We could only wish.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #1699
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK, K5, K7, KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But don't forget that VoucherCodes40 will get you 40% off those books, not 30%. And lasts until 31st January!
I am new to Kobo and have been very happy to discover that with these promo codes I can get my ebooks cheaper than at Amazon. Can anyone roughly tell me how often 40% off or even higher are offered? 'Cause I'm thinking about stocking up if it is only an occasional occurrence.
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #1700
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyria View Post
I am new to Kobo and have been very happy to discover that with these promo codes I can get my ebooks cheaper than at Amazon. Can anyone roughly tell me how often 40% off or even higher are offered? 'Cause I'm thinking about stocking up if it is only an occasional occurrence.
Not often at all, and this one ends in six days!
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #1701
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Not often at all, and this one ends in six days!
Argh! Thanks for letting me know. Guess I'd better do some shopping then. Btw, where can I see how long a code is offered?
Old 01-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #1702
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Argh! Thanks for letting me know. Guess I'd better do some shopping then. Btw, where can I see how long a code is offered?
That depends on the source. Promo codes from Kobo news letters mention the end date in the mail; the current code came from a third party site. I know the end date because it has been mentioned in this thread previously and I remembered. So all you need to do is follow this thread

Happy shopping!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #1703
Illyria
Connoisseur

Okay, thanks!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #1704
Illyria
Connoisseur

Ugh, so much for having fun shopping. Every time I try to pay for a book I get an error message. Something about a technical difficulty they are currently having. Anyone else having the same problem? Really hope this will be over soon... The 40% off are calling to me!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #1705
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Ugh, so much for having fun shopping. Every time I try to pay for a book I get an error message. Something about a technical difficulty they are currently having. Anyone else having the same problem? Really hope this will be over soon... The 40% off are calling to me!
If the 40% code is going to have "technical difficulty" until it expires ( ! ), have you tried the new 25% off codes at Bargain Moose ?

Not as good, but better than nothing...
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #1706
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Use PayPal to pay with. I just choose PayPal then enter my credit card that way. Works everytime for me. I no longer bother using their credit card form which has issues with my card sometimes.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #1707
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Beware with this credit card issue. Last time I got it, I was charged on my bank account but never saw the downloading link for the ebook. Keep an eye on your bank statement and contact kobo customer care if you notice you've been charged. It may take time but they will solve the issue if it happens.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #1708
Illyria
Connoisseur

Just tried it again today and unfortunately the problem is still there. I don't think that it has anything to do with the code as I already used it successfully a few days ago. And I did use PayPal and everything works fine until the final step where you have already logged into PayPal, are supposed to check the information and click on pay now. That's when the error occurs. I sent an e-mail to Kobo yesterday but I don't think they are even going to read it until Monday. And to top it all off, the books I wanted to buy have become more expensive overnight!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #1709
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Probably won't make a difference, but have you tried buying kobo gift card and then buying books?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #1710
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Just tried it again today and unfortunately the problem is still there. I don't think that it has anything to do with the code as I already used it successfully a few days ago. And I did use PayPal and everything works fine until the final step where you have already logged into PayPal, are supposed to check the information and click on pay now. That's when the error occurs. I sent an e-mail to Kobo yesterday but I don't think they are even going to read it until Monday. And to top it all off, the books I wanted to buy have become more expensive overnight!
You don't have to log in to Paypal. Underneath the log in there is a pay by Credit card form. That is what I use most of the time. So you don't need a PayPal account to pay with your Card through Paypal.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals