Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #16
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Update.
The great folks (Amy and Jason) at Astak made things good again.

Now that is customer Service
Tell us what they said, and what they did!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Touch

I am guessing it is the Matte finish coating reacting to my natural skin oils
(I kill my Casio watch-bands in 6 months. The become brittle.)
I deliberately rubbed my finger on a un-blemished area. This morning it was wrinkled.
Jason was going to have conversation with the factory if this is not an isolated occurrence.
As long as I can read books on it, it is not a big issue with me.

Reading is #1, #2 and maybe #3 on my requirement list.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:47 AM   #18
Chumnutzly
Somnambulist
Chumnutzly began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-505, Kindle 3 Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

Let our team check up on your problem. IF after trying a few things we can isolate a bad USB.. we can send you another. First step is:

support@astak.com

We have had no other reports of USB problems at all; but we keep an open mind and strive to make things right!

I just got my pocket pro, and when I plug in the usb cable, nothing happens at all... So i guess mine is bad too.
Chumnutzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #19
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumnutzly View Post
I just got my pocket pro, and when I plug in the usb cable, nothing happens at all... So i guess mine is bad too.
Did you try another USB Cable?

The cable that came with my EZ-Reader would work on the charger, but would not work connected to my computer.

I used another cable I had and it worked.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #20
Chumnutzly
Somnambulist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Did you try another USB Cable?

The cable that came with my EZ-Reader would work on the charger, but would not work connected to my computer.

I used another cable I had and it worked.
Ok, Ive tried 3 cables, and the one one that does anything at all is the cord for my Prs-505.(how ironic is that) but all that does it go right to charge,theres nothing that pops up on the reader at all to let you see it on the computer. Also, has anyone else noticed how finnicky the usb port is? I had to send my 6" ezreader back because of that.(plus a whole list of other problems) Anytime you would even jostle it the SLIGHTEST bit it would disconnect. I REALLY hope i dont have to send this one back, Ive already sent back two faulty ereaders in the last month alone, the 6" ezreader, and a Sony touch.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #21
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Chumnutzly,

When you try to connect your reader, are you plugging the cable into an external USB hub or are you plugging the cable into one of the ports on the computer? I have to connect mine to one of the USB ports on the computer. If I try to plug it into my Belkin 2.0 external hub, Windows doesn't recognize the device. (I use the cable that came with the EZReader, I haven't tried any of my other cables.)
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #22
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamzilla View Post
Chumnutzly,

When you try to connect your reader, are you plugging the cable into an external USB hub or are you plugging the cable into one of the ports on the computer? I have to connect mine to one of the USB ports on the computer. If I try to plug it into my Belkin 2.0 external hub, Windows doesn't recognize the device. (I use the cable that came with the EZReader, I haven't tried any of my other cables.)
In the same vein. Front USB ports on some computers (mostly older ones) are nothing more than a built in USB hub so if the front ports don't seem to work try the back ones.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #23
Chumnutzly
Somnambulist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
In the same vein. Front USB ports on some computers (mostly older ones) are nothing more than a built in USB hub so if the front ports don't seem to work try the back ones.
Well, they work for everything else....
Old 09-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Great idea, unfortunately it did not work any better (Intermittent, works until it fails and then it won't work again).

There are 2 groups on the back of my Dell's. The one alongside the LAN jack is the BIOS (main).
BTW It seems to be a Windows XP (pro) problem on this machine. Dual boot to Ubuntu and the front works solid, so the HW is fine.

I tried the Sequence of plugging the CPU end in first with no better results.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #25
uncletwain
uncletwain began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pocket Pro
I am also having issues with USB connection on my new EZReader Pocket Pro.

A PC detects the ebook device but transfer of anything >300KB fails with i/o error message.
I've tried 2 different USB cables (including one that came with the device), 2 different computers. Also tried reformating the device and upgrading firmware but so far no luck.

Support is not very helpful so far. First they suggested to reformat/reflash the device. After I reported that it didn't work, i received an email with offer to send me a replacement ... usb cable, and then, if it won't work, they will "try to repair" the unit.
That is after I reported that I've tried 2 different cables and they both work fine with other devices including an older 6" hanlin ebook.
uncletwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #26
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletwain View Post
I am also having issues with USB connection on my new EZReader Pocket Pro.

A PC detects the ebook device but transfer of anything >300KB fails with i/o error message.
I have the same problem with my PocketPRO. It just can not work at USB2.0 speeds on any computer that I try it on, but it works great on two older laptops that can only do USB1.1 My solution was to put an old USB1.1 hub on my main computer, and connect the PocketPRO through that. It works great that way, when it is forced to slow down to USB1.1 speed.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #27
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Thumbs up Problem Nailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I have the same problem with my PocketPRO. It just can not work at USB2.0 speeds on any computer that I try it on, but it works great on two older laptops that can only do USB1.1 My solution was to put an old USB1.1 hub on my main computer, and connect the PocketPRO through that. It works great that way, when it is forced to slow down to USB1.1 speed.
I think you Nailed the problem down (And might have proved Ubuntu doe2 not support USB 2 mode). I think the Specification should be edited to read USB 1.1 until such time as USB 2.0 is reliable.

Thanks for all the work you did testing.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #28
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Only been early days with mine but I have noticed issues with USB. I'm running Ubuntu btw. My issues are sometimes I connect my PP and it read/writes to the device without issue, other times I can have Nautilus stall/hang waiting for the device, and eventually copy/read. I can't give any specks on speed other than initially it did seem to take a little long to copy 60mb of books over.

I have not yet tried another USB cable, I will next time I connect it up. I'm starting to play with the idea of using rsync to copy my new books over to the PP.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #29
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
I've never used USB for anything other than charging. I use a USB SD reader for transfer of books from PC to Card.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:23 AM   #30
Chumnutzly
Somnambulist

Yeah i just got tired of messing with the whole thing. Paint was peeling, and the usb port was messed up, so i sent it back and just got a prs-505 instead. This is the second Astak reader I've had to send back.

Tags
connect, usb