Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
ben1111ben
ben1111ben began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox i62 ml
Firmware updates 201304**, for i62ml, i62, m92...

i62ML V1.8 20130403
i62 V1.8 20130409
M92S V1.8 20130403
I62HD V1.8 20130403
M92 V1.8 20130402

http://www.onyx-international.com.cn/services.php
ben1111ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
IluvToRead
Enthusiast
IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox m92 - Kindle 4
I did the update 20130402 for the m92

I did the update on my m92. I used to have version 1.8 20121220 (I have included a screen scan).

Now is version 1.8 20130402

Seems to work OK. There is a new title screen - Year of the Snake.

I have included a scan so you can see what ALU sticker says about my m92. (It appears that it is NOT the Black Perl edition - whatever that means).

I don't know what changes are in the update. It does seem a little faster. Although I could be fooling myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130303-OnyxBooxM92-eBookReader-0007.jpeg
Views:	486
Size:	689.0 KB
ID:	104511   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130303-OnyxBooxM92-eBookReader-Update20130402-0001.jpeg
Views:	418
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	104512   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130303-OnyxBooxM92-eBookReader-Update20130402-0002.jpeg
Views:	508
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	104513   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130303-OnyxBooxM92-eBookReader-0005.jpeg
Views:	513
Size:	467.6 KB
ID:	104514  
IluvToRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #3
IluvToRead
Enthusiast
IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Problems with User Manual Ver 1.8 for BOOX M92 Series 2013-04-02

Hi when I went to the firmware upgrade page I clicked on the

User Manual Ver 1.8 for BOOX M92 Series 2013-04-02 link and I got the following reply.

无法找到该页
您正在搜索的页面可能已经删除、更名或暂时不可用。

请尝试以下操作:

确保浏览器的地址栏中显示的网站地址的拼写和格式正确无误。
如果通过单击链接而到达了该网页,请与网站管理员联系,通知他们该链接的格式不正确。
单击后退按钮尝试另一个链接。

HTTP 错误 404 - 文件或目录未找到。
Internet 信息服务 (IIS)

技术信息(为技术支持人员提供)

转到 Microsoft 产品支持服务并搜索包括“HTTP”和“404”的标题。
打开“IIS 帮助”(可在 IIS 管理器 (inetmgr) 中访问),然后搜索标题为“网站设置”、“常规管理任务”和“关于自定义错误消息”的主题。
Old 04-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvToRead View Post
I don't know what changes are in the update. It does seem a little faster.
Is multitasking feature there in this update?
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
IluvToRead
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post
Is multitasking feature there in this update?
No, not there.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvToRead View Post
No, not there.
Thank you

Last edited by Feher; 04-17-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #7
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Be careful. The firmware for the international products could differ from those on the site http://www.onyx-international.com.cn/services.php.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I only install firmware which is recomended by Booxtor
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #9
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
I only install firmware which is recomended by Booxtor
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #10
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
somebody tell the employees at Onyx to fix their update instruction on the website.

http://www.onyx-international.com.cn...php?serial=872

it says press and hold the BACK button, but it's the joystick not the back button.

Wasted 20 minutes of my life.

Also where can I get the latest user manual? The link on their website is dead.

Last edited by FinancialWar; 04-18-2013 at 07:49 AM.
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
naravive
Enthusiast
naravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle, Boox M92
which m92s?

I'm confused-- how does this relate to firmware for Booxtor machines, and that earlier update and patches he posted in Jan or Feb?
naravive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #12
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naravive View Post
I'm confused-- how does this relate to firmware for Booxtor machines, and that earlier update and patches he posted in Jan or Feb?
I am confused why you're confused, can you elaborate?
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #13
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
somebody tell the employees at Onyx to fix their update instruction on the website.

http://www.onyx-international.com.cn...php?serial=872

it says press and hold the BACK button, but it's the joystick not the back button.

Wasted 20 minutes of my life.

Also where can I get the latest user manual? The link on their website is dead.
At least on my machine it's the back button.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
I'm still wondering. What has improved?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #15
Alf77
Enthusiast
Alf77 began at the beginning.

Device: M92 & M96
So we should wait?

So Booxtor, since your last message about frimware upgrade is from Jan, should we wait to install the 20130402 one until you give us the green light?

Thank you,

Alf
Alf77 is offline   Reply With Quote