Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 04:21 AM   #31
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm going to Yodobashi Camera in Osaka tomorrow, and I'll take a look. Check back here this time tomorrow for a report. Now it's time to eat a Thanksgiving Sushi Dinner...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #32
silverspear
Connoisseur
silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm going to Yodobashi Camera in Osaka tomorrow, and I'll take a look. Check back here this time tomorrow for a report. Now it's time to eat a Thanksgiving Sushi Dinner...

Stitchawl
Honto ni, Arigatou Gozaimasu!
silverspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #33
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just got back... I asked the information Girl for e-readers and she sent me to the first floor. I asked sales clerks and they both sent me to the tablet/e-dictionary area. There, I found Sonys, but no Kobos. I needed some other stuff in the store, so I visited other floors, and knowing how often sales clerks have no idea of where anything actually is, I asked many different sales staff for directions to e-readers. I asked specifically for Kobo, but no one had any idea what I was talking about. They carried Sony and have heard of Kindle and Nook. That's it... at least for Yodoyobashi Camera in Osaka today!

Stitchawl
Old 11-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #34
silverspear
Connoisseur
silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverspear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Just got back... I asked the information Girl for e-readers and she sent me to the first floor. I asked sales clerks and they both sent me to the tablet/e-dictionary area. There, I found Sonys, but no Kobos. I needed some other stuff in the store, so I visited other floors, and knowing how often sales clerks have no idea of where anything actually is, I asked many different sales staff for directions to e-readers. I asked specifically for Kobo, but no one had any idea what I was talking about. They carried Sony and have heard of Kindle and Nook. That's it... at least for Yodoyobashi Camera in Osaka today!

Stitchawl
Ah.. ok thanks for the report!! It's strange that such a big store doesn't even know about kindle or kobo... looks like BIC camera is the place to go for me. thanks again!!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #35
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I'll be going near Bic Camera in Namba on Tuesday so I'll take a look there. I use the area between Namba and Umeda as my exercise walking route, as if it's raining I can do most of it underground, and if not, on wide sidewalks for easier fast walking.

One thing to keep in mind; at these huge stores, often the sales staff don't know what they actually have. Unless you get to the correct department, they don't have a clue. And even IN the correct department, I've often been told that they don't carry something only to find it myself when walking through the isles.

Stitchawl
Old 11-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #36
supersomz
supersomz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I only have a Kobo Touch, but I am rather sure language selection works the same way. When you use the reader the first time you will presented with the language options (cf. this youtube video).
Thank you for the youtube link

Another question - Is Kobo Mini available in Japan? Any link?
supersomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #37
Stitchawl
Opsimath

What Internet links 'say' is available doesn't seem to correlate with what is in the stores at the moment.

Stitchawl
Old 11-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #38
silverspear
Connoisseur

Quote:
I'll be going near Bic Camera in Namba on Tuesday so I'll take a look there. I use the area between Namba and Umeda as my exercise walking route, as if it's raining I can do most of it underground, and if not, on wide sidewalks for easier fast walking.

One thing to keep in mind; at these huge stores, often the sales staff don't know what they actually have. Unless you get to the correct department, they don't have a clue. And even IN the correct department, I've often been told that they don't carry something only to find it myself when walking through the isles.

Stitchawl
great! thanks for scouting on my behalf!!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #39
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspear View Post
great! thanks for scouting on my behalf!!
On your behalf? Ha! How do you think I manage to fulfill my impulse buying habit?

When I leave the house, I always have my daypack with me. It starts out with nothing more than a folding umbrella and a few packs of Kleenex in it. It's usually is stuffed by the time I return in the late afternoon...

Stitchawl
Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 AM   #40
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersomz View Post
Is Kobo Mini available in Japan? Any link?
Rakuten (link) announces the release of the Mini for middle of December (12月中旬発売予定).
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:00 AM   #41
silverspear
Connoisseur

Quote:
On your behalf? Ha! How do you think I manage to fulfill my impulse buying habit?

When I leave the house, I always have my daypack with me. It starts out with nothing more than a folding umbrella and a few packs of Kleenex in it. It's usually is stuffed by the time I return in the late afternoon...

Stitchawl

!!!! I thought you just go for jogs or "healthy walk"??
Old 11-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #42
silverspear
Connoisseur

Quote:

Stitchawl
oh, yeah, if it is ok, can you also teach me which floor it's located in, if you find it k! Thanks!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #43
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
oh, yeah, if it is ok, can you also teach me which floor it's located in, if you find it k! Thanks!
In the Osaka Yodobashi Camera, the e-readers are on the first floor behind the electronic dictionaries. In the Bic Camera in Namba, they are on the third floor near the camera area.

Quote:
!!!! I thought you just go for jogs or "healthy walk"??
It's called 'multi-tasking.'

Stitchawl
Old 11-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #44
silverspear
Connoisseur

Quote:

It's called 'multi-tasking.'

Stitchawl
Expensive endeavour...
Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #45
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Expensive endeavour...
Yeah... but I'm worth it.
Today I'm going to Kyoto and start my walk from Kyoto Station. There is a Bic Camera right next to it, so I'll see if they have anything new.

Stitchawl