Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Just got my iPad2

1st time in my life that I wait in line for an electronic device. And actually I got lucky. They shipped 105 to Best Buy here in Houston, the one close to home, and just 10 or 15 persons after myself had the chance to get one. But it was not so chaotic like in NY I think; they were giving tickets.

So far...so good... restore from backup and only weird thing is that was not able to restore Nook.

I don't use Safari, so I'm assuming the rest will be the same.

It does feel different and better, kind of like a Kindle DXG on your hands. But the weight different is not huge. You will notice though, if you had the previous model.

The edges are softer now and rounded .... really feels better when holding ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bummer.

My DRM free books are gone from iBooks. The collection I created are still there though just empty.

Some side loaded books on Kindle are gone too ...
Old 03-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Mine is still syncing. I was about 100 in line at my local Best Buy, with 100 more that came after me. Took forever to actually get the iPad 2 and pay for it.

Can't comment on how it feels yet as the first thing I did was sync it and it's not done yet.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
I was in a massive line at Walmart--5 whole people. They only had a few in stock though. I was going to get the last white 32G WiFi version they had but the guy behind me really really wanted a white version so I let him have it and got the black version. All my side loaded iBooks and Kindle books are still there. All in all I am pretty impressed with the iPad 2.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
jocampo
Layback feline

Ok

Most stuff running now. I just got another weird error on Kindle. It said I can't download that book again because I've passed my quota or limit or something like that. if I'm not mistaken, I have same book on Kindle DXG and Galaxy Tab.

Question, to anyone with Kindles and iPads... How many copies of the same book I can have? I thought it was 3, right? talking about azw books , of course, not side loaded...

I had to delete from GT, resync and then download on iPad...
Old 03-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Mine is still syncing. I was about 100 in line at my local Best Buy, with 100 more that came after me. Took forever to actually get the iPad 2 and pay for it.

Can't comment on how it feels yet as the first thing I did was sync it and it's not done yet.

Lee
Wow! Sounds much worse. I'm in Houston, TX... You?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Ok

Most stuff running now. I just got another weird error on Kindle. It said I can't download that book again because I've passed my quota or limit or something like that. if I'm not mistaken, I have same book on Kindle DXG and Galaxy Tab.

Question, to anyone with Kindles and iPads... How many copies of the same book I can have? I thought it was 3, right? talking about azw books , of course, not side loaded...

I had to delete from GT, resync and then download on iPad...
I have AZW books on a Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, iPad 1 and iPad 2 and have not seen the error that you received on the 5 books I have re- downloaded.

Last edited by Hoyt Clagwell; 03-11-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: I capitlized the "i" in iPad. Surely there is a law against that.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #8
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Clagwell View Post
I have AZW books on a Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, iPad 1 and iPad 2 and have not seen the error that you received on the 5 books I have re- downloaded.
Hmmm...interesting...could be just with that book, a publisher restriction?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #9
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict

Quote:
Hmmm...interesting...could be just with that book, a publisher restriction?
Maybe. Were you able to get one of the new Smart Covers? I was not. Ordered one on line. Luckily the cover I have for my first iPad works fine.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #10
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Wow! Sounds much worse. I'm in Houston, TX... You?
Suburb of Chicago. I'm really liking the thinner, lighter faster iPad

Nonny
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #11
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
The Smart Cover is pretty amazing. Just works incredibly well, and looks like it will protect the screen without adding much bulk at all. The magnets are pretty damn strong though, wouldn't put this near your wallet or credit cards. And, there are magnets in both the cover hinge and the iPad itself.

My one disappointment so far-unlike every other Apple product I've bought in recent memory, the battery was almost completely empty. My last iPad was over 1/2 charged, I think, and our iPhones had charges as well.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #12
jocampo
Layback feline

No... no smart cover, The Belkin I had works just fine, but they had plenty of them at BB. Maybe more than iPads... lol ...

Kjk,
Mine was 90% battery ...

Old 03-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #13
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No... no smart cover, The Belkin I had works just fine, but they had plenty of them at BB. Maybe more than iPads... lol ...

Kjk,
Mine was 90% battery ...

yeah, that's how it should be!

Love the curved sides. They really refined what was already a very nice product-thinner, lighter, and more comfortable to hold. Can't wait to start using it.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #14
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
So is it easier to type on than the first one?
I mean, does it actually lay flat on a surface instead of rocking all over the place?
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #15
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
So is it easier to type on than the first one?
I mean, does it actually lay flat on a surface instead of rocking all over the place?
Yes, it lies flat now
And with the Smart Cover, it can also lie tilted up.