Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
swaneelee
swaneelee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Need Help with Book Catalog

I don't know if I am not reading the directions right or not understanding what it is supposed to do or?? I have a Kindle2 and I created my "My Books" catalog and sent it to my Kindle, now I thought the concept was to have it appear as one of my books? It doesn't It shows in my documents when I check in the folder "Calibre". I can find it if I do a search using the menu...search feature. Is it just me not understanding the concept of having a catalog?
Also when I edit my metadata for a book I sometimes when a book cover does not come back as available I download the jpg file and add it to the mega data but I notice it does not then show up on the kindle when I open the book although it does show up on calibre in my library or if I open the book to read on calibre it shows there. Do I have something not checked in my preferences.
thanks
swaneelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaneelee View Post
Also when I edit my metadata for a book I sometimes when a book cover does not come back as available I download the jpg file and add it to the mega data but I notice it does not then show up on the kindle when I open the book although it does show up on calibre in my library or if I open the book to read on calibre it shows there. Do I have something not checked in my preferences.
thanks
The Kindle goes to the first page of the book, skipping the cover, when opening if you press previous page upon opening the book you'll see the cover.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
swaneelee
swaneelee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
thanks Brian , I did check that but no covers . I figured it out last night. I had went back to add covers after I had converted some of the books to mobi , on a whim I reconverted them all to mobi did a mass send to the Kindle and there they were. I also learned on the metadata page if the cover is showing and you hit the book icon in the upper left corner if it is going to show it does nothing if it is the wrong format it will give you an error message. I guess not a big thing but I like the covers to show as it sometimes jogs my memory what the book is about
swaneelee is offline   Reply With Quote