Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Google Android Tablet

Looking forward to seeing what this can do.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...blet-imminent/
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
questionfear
Connoisseur
questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I hope, hope, hope this comes out sooner rather than later. It would be awesome.
questionfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quite a bit more on it in the news forum here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80126

Well ok, maybe not more on the tablet itself, but certainly a bunch of discussion on it
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
Looking forward to seeing what this can do.]
And the Apple and Microsoft fanboys are having a heyday in the comments section..
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The timing makes sense since we know the Google Editions store is coming soon. I imagine they'd want to launch them at the same time.

And that this is supposed to run android is encouraging too, in that it makes it more likely (at least a little) Google Editions won't be entirely cloud based.

I really hope Google uses an advanced transreflective screen tech. I don't care which one, though I'm most familiar with Pixel Qi. But I'm wary of buying Android devices from 3rd parties, like Notion Ink, in fear of the device falling behind on OS updates. Buying straight from Google would be dreamy.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
I'm VERY anxious to see how this turns out.

All I really want is an iPad-like tablet with a true, windows like file management system, drag and drop and a screen an inch or so bigger.

If anyone can pull that off in the near future it's Google IMO.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:17 AM   #7
Magnesus
Connoisseur
Magnesus is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook Neo
I hope this device will use Google Chrome Browser. It would be perfect - fast, with extensions and full html5/flash/Google Docs support.
Magnesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #8
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnesus View Post
I hope this device will use Google Chrome Browser. It would be perfect - fast, with extensions and full html5/flash/Google Docs support.
It would be nice if Google would roll Chrome into Android. I've become quite fond of Chrome extensions too.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote