Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
jetBook owner said:

I just found this jetBook review on NewEgg website (posted today):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723004

Tech Level: somewhat high - Ownership: 1 week to 1 month

XXXXX Nice reader!

This user purchased this item from Newegg
Pros: Good battery life, no screen flicker when transitioning pages (like e-Ink readers), now comes with updated firmware (so disregard the firmware cons in other reviews-- that no longer is an issue and it comes out of the box supporting all the advertised formats). The SD slot is nice, I ordered a cheap 2 gig SD card and when all is said and done, the 2 gigs plus the 64 megs on the device should be able to hold hundreds of books. My entire 800-1000 ebook collection could fit on here. I love being able to switch between portrait and landscape, and the page turn buttons are intelligently placed. I don't have problems hitting buttons I don't mean to. Looks great as long as you have light, and is easy on the eyes.
Cons: PDF support is weak. When I loaded a PDF, it was very small; when I zoomed in, once I got zoomed in far enough to read, I had to scroll side-to-side as well as up and down to see the text, which really bugs me. To get around this, I just downloaded Calibre (google it) and converted my PDFs into FB2's and they look great.

No support for LIT files (must convert with Calibre).
Other Thoughts: Overall very pleased with the device. I've read two books on it already, and had no eye strain.

Also to note, for some reason, copying to the SD card I put in it seems to be much faster than copying to the device. I'm using the same USB cable on the same plug and the card is faster than the actual device... kinda odd, but no biggie, I just put all my books on the card instead.

The best formats I have found to go on the device are RTF and FB2. I have not tested MOBI, but have tested TXT, PDF, RTF, LIT, and FB2, and FB2 is my favorite with RTF coming in a close second.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Sounds like someone who might hang out around here. OK 'fess up! Who wrote that?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Sounds like someone who might hang out around here. OK 'fess up! Who wrote that?
I thought about it too
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
you are the master at finding reviews Kris!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote