Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Lightbulb Pocketbook 360 and reading lights

I'm looking at getting a Pocketbook 360 to replace my broken Bebook, the small size and being able to hold it comfotable in either hand (I missed this with my Bebook it was one of the best features of my eBookwise) are what make it appeal to me, but I'm worried that the small size will make clipping a reading light to it irritating or possible damaging to the screen.

Does anyone have any suggestions for lights that work with the PB360?
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:37 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Most ebook reading lights attach to carry case/binders and since the 360 relies on the clip-on cover that isn't a likely option, barring a custom job.
Your two options are thus to find a CD-case sized cover to fit onto the PB360 (and then attach a light to the cover) or to use something like velcro to attach a generic light to the rear, which means giving up the ability to clip the hard cover on the rear while reading. Whether that matters to you...?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 06:41 AM   #3
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
I think the easiest thing would be to use a light that either clips over your ear or a head-torch - standard book lights just won't work with the pb 360.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #4
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny_Dreadful View Post
I'm looking at getting a Pocketbook 360 to replace my broken Bebook, the small size and being able to hold it comfotable in either hand (I missed this with my Bebook it was one of the best features of my eBookwise) are what make it appeal to me, but I'm worried that the small size will make clipping a reading light to it irritating or possible damaging to the screen.

Does anyone have any suggestions for lights that work with the PB360?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1200a.JPG
Views:	810
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	45557  
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
Oh that is brilliant and thanks for the other suggestions, if my clip-on lights don't work in a comfortable way I'll give them a shot.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
The Kandle ebook light looks like it might fit better. But its expensive at $25 at amazon and takes button batteries so I haven't tried it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_el...textbin=Kandle

Last edited by tselling; 02-14-2010 at 02:46 PM.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #7
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
The Kandle ebook light looks like it might fit better. But its expensive at $25 at amazon and takes button batteries so I haven't tried it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_el...textbin=Kandle
This DOES look like it'll work with PB. Is anyone out there intending to try it and possibly report back to those of us who are more timid? I got myself a wonderful clip-on book light to work with my BeBook One (a package of TWO at Costco sold for under $10.00!) but they only work when clipped onto the back of the accessory leather cover.
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #8
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
This DOES look like it'll work with PB. Is anyone out there intending to try it and possibly report back to those of us who are more timid? I got myself a wonderful clip-on book light to work with my BeBook One (a package of TWO at Costco sold for under $10.00!) but they only work when clipped onto the back of the accessory leather cover.
Well, I took the gamble and got myself a Kandle. (That ALMOST rhymes!) Since I also have a six-inch BeBook One in addition to the five-inch PocketBook, and the BeBook screen is the same size as the Kindle, I felt I could always use the Kandle with the BeBook if it doesn't work well with the PB. (As I reported earlier, I already have an excellent -- and inexpensive -- battery-operated reading light to work with the BeBook, but it will only attach to the back fold of the BeBook's leather cover for reading purposes.)

Now, on to my experience with the Kandle and the PB. The SIZE is perfect, the width of the light bar being exactly the same as the width of the PB screen. And it clips on the top -- the same as with the Kindle (for which it's designed) and my BeBook -- and doesn't obliterate the text on the screen. However -- and this is a disadvantage with many reading lights used with ereaders -- it does not cast a uniformly even light over the entire reading surface. In adjusting the angle of the light, you either get brighter light at the upper half of the screen, or reduced uniform light over the entire screen. (This is not as great a problem with reading lights with longer, more articulated arms, whose angle of beam can be better adjusted.) For this reason, I believe the Kandle to in fact be better suited to the five-inch screen of the PB than the six-inch screen of the Kindle/Bebook.

If anyone does proceed to get a Kandle for himself (or herself), one word of caution. When inserting the two button batteries, make certain that you don't inadvertently bend down a small tab that comes in contact with the upper (positive) face of the upper battery, so that the tab instead falls BETWEEN the two batteries, resulting in the illumination being halved. I had to gently bend the tab back up and slide the upper battery UNDER the tab, when the pressure of my initial insertion of the upper battery bent the tab down.

Last edited by ascherjim; 02-24-2010 at 04:10 PM.
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #9
aondotri
aondotri began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've just bought the Mighty Bright Xtraflex 2 for my PB360 and hoping this will work well. If I'm happy with it, I'll purchase the ac adapter.
aondotri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:29 AM   #10
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Sorry to act as a necromancer, but I'd like to ask what model is the one appearing in Forkosigan's picture. It would get MIGHTILY used at night.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #11
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I've bought the lamp from PocketGoods.de. It does its job handily, though it is a bit expensive.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #12
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Some lights scratch the surface of the PB360's, to avoid it you can add a piece of thin cloth or even a paper between them.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #13
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Also, but please don't laugh at me: sometimes I use the headlight to read on a PB in the darkness: this is a regular light with a regular strap, that you simply put on your forehead))))

I got one after we had a storm here in NYC and we had to electricity for almost two days. But now it is fixed and I thought I might use this nice headlight to read as well))))
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories, lights, pocketbook 360