Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Silentwind96
Silentwind96 began at the beginning.

Device: Barnes and Noble Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8"
Calibre 0.8.68 error 13

I got the following error while editing the metadata for some books...

calibre, version 0.8.68
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 13] Permission denied

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\cover_flow.py", line 88, in image
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 539, in cover
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 744, in cover
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

I went and unchecked the "read only" box for each individual book. I am also running the program as an administrator. What am I doing wrong?
Silentwind96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentwind96 View Post
I got the following error while editing the metadata for some books...

calibre, version 0.8.68
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 13] Permission denied

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\cover_flow.py", line 88, in image
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 539, in cover
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 744, in cover
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

I went and unchecked the "read only" box for each individual book. I am also running the program as an administrator. What am I doing wrong?
Where is the Library (on which Drive),
did you also change the Library Folder (and all sub folders and files) to Read/Write.

BTW Calibre works as a Normal user (if the Library is in the users home folder or a shared folder (not recommended for multi-access) )

Metadata is also saved in the titles folder
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....n-denied-error
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
Angelo
Angelo began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
I have searched all threads and it seems that this error has other origin than that usually reported in this forum and in the calibre Manual.

I have this error since my first Calibre installation and this occurs for some titles only, and it occurs when I try to update the metadata.

The permission on the files is rw for me. Even running as root, calibre give the same error. I renamed the files and copied to other directory, deleted former directory in calibre library, run the maintanance and then added it with new name. Result ? Same problem.

I am running on a SUSE distribution.
Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
I have searched all threads and it seems that this error has other origin than that usually reported in this forum and in the calibre Manual.

I have this error since my first Calibre installation and this occurs for some titles only, and it occurs when I try to update the metadata.

The permission on the files is rw for me. Even running as root, calibre give the same error. I renamed the files and copied to other directory, deleted former directory in calibre library, run the maintanance and then added it with new name. Result ? Same problem.

I am running on a SUSE distribution.
AFAIK There are up to 4 files that get written for a Single Format and a folder (or 2)

The DB (which we can rule out as other books work)
The Title (id#) Folder (an Author folder ALSO needs to be created if it does not exist)
cover.jpg
metadata.opf
<the book>.<format/archive>

You may have an invalid (to the File system) character in one of the names that Calibre did not/could not catch and mocify
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert