Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool I'd like to know how to disable the screensaver on a Kindle 2

My Kindle Keyboard battery took a hike and I've switched back to my Kindle 2. How does one disable the screensaver on this model, the debug sequence for the Kindle Ketboard does not work. Thanks.

Last edited by alansplace; 09-15-2012 at 09:39 PM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
I don't know if there's a way to do it on the Kindle 2, but if you install the Kindle 3 firmware onto it, then I guess the debug commands should work as well.
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
I don't know if there's a way to do it on the Kindle 2, but if you install the Kindle 3 firmware onto it, then I guess the debug commands should work as well.
Really, I didn't know that was even possible. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
"How to" is an English idiom for an instruction guide that tells how to do something. Threads that start with "how to" serve the same purpose. Threads that ask questions should start with "How can I" so that they will not cause this confusion by inappropriately using the "how to" idiom. There has been an alarming incidence of recent threads starting with "how to" that are not guides.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How-to

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-15-2012 at 09:21 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
"How to" is an English idiom for an instruction guide that tells how to do something. Threads that start with "how to" serve the same purpose. Threads that ask questions should start with "How can I" so that they will not cause this confusion by inappropriately using the "how to" idiom. There has been an alarming incidence of recent threads starting with "how to" that are not guides.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How-to
Perhaps you should post this in the General Discussions Forum if it really bothers you. Personally, I had no problem understanding that the OP was asking a question....I mean, really? When was the last time you saw a "How to" guide being posted about the K2 ?! Context is everything.
My pet peeve is the number of responses in threads that are in no way helpful to the OP and are completely off-topic.

On a side note, I have a K2 and have never needed to turn off the screensaver, but I'm sure I read about it being done....I can't help with the "how to" but I'm pretty sure it was a hack. You might post a question in the Developer's Forum.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Perhaps you should post this in the General Discussions Forum if it really bothers you. Personally, I had no problem understanding that the OP was asking a question....I mean, really? When was the last time you saw a "How to" guide being posted about the K2 ?! Context is everything.
My pet peeve is the number of responses in threads that are in no way helpful to the OP and are completely off-topic.

On a side note, I have a K2 and have never needed to turn off the screensaver, but I'm sure I read about it being done....I can't help with the "how to" but I'm pretty sure it was a hack. You might post a question in the Developer's Forum.
Thanks, I really appreciate your answer as well as your opinion.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Here's a link to where I saw it discussed....good luck!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127842

I know this applies specifically to the K3, but these people should be helpful if you contact them directly.

Last edited by GoSharks; 09-16-2012 at 12:42 PM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Here's a link to where I saw it discussed....good luck!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127842

I know this applies specifically to the K3, but these people should be helpful if you contact them directly.
Thanks again, I appreciate your efforts.