Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
pmthokku
pmthokku began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800sg, Sony PRS950, Nook Simple Touch (rooted), Entourage Edge
No hibernation option on EE

I just got a new EE. It came with ermine already installed.
I installed the universal allmine from
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174641
When I close the lid and open it back up, I get the hibernate message on the eink side. However:
1)The power led remains on all the time - isnt it supposed to blink?
2)There is no hibernation option in the menu when I press the power button (only shutdown and silent)
3)The battery drains fast when "hibernating"
I have seen some reports of the battery needing to be "broken in". Is this the case or is hibernation not working at all?
Should I revert to dingo and then do ermine and then allmine all over again and see?
As reported by Tininha in this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=178237&page=4
I dont have a reset button on my EE.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by pmthokku; 08-05-2012 at 11:22 PM.
pmthokku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
My EE acts just as yours does. It loses power when "hibernating" much faster than my PE does. I think we're lucky that it comes out of hibernation without having to pull the battery to reset, as some EE owners have to do!

I hope you'll enjoy your new device!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
pmthokku
pmthokku began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800sg, Sony PRS950, Nook Simple Touch (rooted), Entourage Edge
Oops... made a mistake. Meant shutdown and silent not sleep. There is no sleep or hibernate option.
@Filark : Any differences from what I have reported or are all the symptoms the same?
Thanks.
pmthokku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
All the same. I think you're in good shape and would not recommend reverting and reupdating unless you have some serious problems. What you're seeing is the difference between the PE and EE, and an unfinished OS update -- Ermine is a beta version, remember -- almost there but not quite!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote