Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-16-2014, 11:10 PM   #766
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Personally I'd put smartshelves in the category of Don't Use!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:13 PM   #767
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Personally I'd put smartshelves in the category of Don't Use!
So would I. They seems to break collections.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:52 PM   #768
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is he's using smartshelves and having Calibre manage selves when you clearly warned about not using both to manage shelves.
Where does he say that? I can tell you that he isn't doing this. I suspect that he did it once, but if he was doing it all the time, he would be trying to get rid of a lot more than one duplicate of each of the smart shelves. What he is doing is to ask for an extra function in the utilities plugin that would help him in his current circumstances and help others who want to manually maintain their shelves. And it is something I have considered but just hasn't risen high enough in my priorities and needs to do.

And to ask everyone a question that has been in the back of my mind for a while and I'm sure I am going to regret: Has anyone used the Kindle Collection plugin and is it any good for shelf/collection management?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #769
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Thank you to all people that relpied to help

About Shelves: No I use Smart Shelves but I'm aware of Calibre problems with them, so I disabled all the shelves options in Kobo touch Extended driver a long time ago.
Also I use Smart Shelves from months, and the duplicates appeared only recently, so calibre is not involved in the issue, I was only asking davidfor for a tool to manually managing shelves entry in the DB. I solved editing the DB in a SQLite editor. It was easier than expected

About the error message, I'm not sure this is realted to tne new firmware, new Calibre, new plug-in version or something else, I posted the error message hoping it was useful, because I'm not capable of understanding it.
@Davidfor: I tryed debug mode and here it is the result:
Spoiler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 590, in initialize_plugins
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 557, in initialize_plugin
InvalidPlugin: Inizializzazione del plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 551, in initialize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 86, in initialize
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.config", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.Qt
non riuscita con messaggio:

2014-12-17 17:28:48.416 calibre-debug[5668:507] CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Helvetica" and got font with PostScript name "Helvetica-Light". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.
2014-12-17 17:28:48.417 calibre-debug[5668:507] CoreText performance note: Set a breakpoint on CTFontLogSuboptimalRequest to debug.
libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
calibre Log di debug
calibre 2.12 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0: Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.115.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.8
OSX: ('10.9.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Failed to initialize plugin: DeDRM (6, 0, 1)
Failed to initialize plugin: u'/Users/existenz/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeDRM.zip'
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Anobii Fetcher && Modify ePub && INMONDADORI && Annotations && Count Pages && ANOBII && Kobo Utilities && KoboTouchExtended && KePub Output
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 1.6 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG: 1.6 rebuild_menus - have device.
DEBUG: 1.6 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=False
Key u'A' for shortcut Apri la cartella contenente is already used by Aggiungi libri, ignoring
Key u'A' for shortcut Apri la cartella contenente is already used by Aggiungi libri, ignoring
2014-12-17 17:28:51.145 calibre-debug[5668:507] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: mach-o, but wrong architecture
calibre-debug: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
2014-12-17 17:34:01.633 Calibre[5724:507] deliverNotificationWithTitle()
* Notification delivered.
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1603, in update_booklist
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 718, in book_from_path
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/books.py", line 27, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/books.py", line 39, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/book/base.py", line 786, in __nonzero__
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/book/base.py", line 149, in __getattribute__
AttributeError: Metadata object has no attribute named: 'author'
Started up in 17.78 seconds with 3868 books
DEBUG: 312.6 KoboUtilities:_on_device_connection_changed - self.plugin_device_connection_changed.__class__: <type 'PyQt5.QtCore.pyqtBoundSignal'>
DEBUG: 312.6 Methods for self.plugin_device_connection_changed: ['__call__', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__doc__', '__format__', '__getattribute__', '__getitem__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'connect', 'disconnect', 'emit', 'signal']
Job: 1 Recupera informazioni sul dispositivo started
DeviceJob: 1 Recupera informazioni sul dispositivo done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Recupera informazioni sul dispositivo callback returned
Job: 2 Imposta informazioni sulla biblioteca started
DeviceJob: 2 Imposta informazioni sulla biblioteca done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 2 Imposta informazioni sulla biblioteca callback returned
Job: 3 Recupera la lista dei libri del dispositivo started
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None', prefix='/Volumes/KOBOeReader/'
DEBUG: 0.0 Kobo device: Kobo Aura HD
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of driver: (2, 2, 20) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of firmware: (3, 12, 0) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Firmware supports cover image tree: True
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= [u'#scaffale, #collana', True, True, True, True, True, True, False, True, True, False, True, u'', True, False, True, True, True, True, False, u'', False]
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= manual
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - length bl=0
Job: 2 Imposta informazioni sulla biblioteca finished
Nessun dettaglio disponibile.
Job: 1 Recupera informazioni sul dispositivo finished
DEBUG: 5.4 KoboTouch:books - length bl after sync=1793
DEBUG: 5.4 KoboTouch:books - reading device database
DEBUG: 5.5 Database Version=111
DEBUG: 5.5 KoboTouch:books - shelf list: []
DEBUG: 5.5 KoboTouch:books - query= SELECT Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded, Series, SeriesNumber, ___UserID, ExternalId FROM content where BookID is Null and ((Accessibility = -1 and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1 )) or (Accessibility in (1,2) ) or (Accessibility in (-1, 4, 6) and ___UserId = '') ) and not ((___ExpirationStatus=3 or ___ExpirationStatus is Null) and ContentType = 6) AND (externalId IS NULL OR externalId = '') AND contentId NOT LIKE 'file:///mnt/sd/%'
DEBUG: 20.2 KoboTouch:update_booklist - exception creating book: 'Metadata object has no attribute named: 'author''
DEBUG: 20.2 prefix: /Volumes/KOBOeReader/ lpath: title: Tvtti i trionfi, carri, mascheaate ò canti carnascialeschi andati per Firenze, dal te[m]po del… authors: Anton Francesco Grazzini,Anton Francesco Grazzini,Medici, Lorenzo de'. Trionfo di Bacco, e Darianna mime: application/octet-stream date: 2010-01-02T03:36:57.001 ContentType: 6 ImageID: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
DEBUG: 20.5 KoboTouch:books - about to sync_booklists
DEBUG: 20.5 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 24.0 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 24.0 KoboTouch:books - have done sync_booklists
DEBUG: 24.0 KoboTouch:books - end - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 24.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='carda'
DEBUG: 24.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='carda', prefix='/Volumes/SENZATITOLO/'
DEBUG: 24.0 Kobo device: Kobo Aura HD
DEBUG: 24.0 Version of driver: (2, 2, 20) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 24.0 Version of firmware: (3, 12, 0) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 24.0 Firmware supports cover image tree: True
DEBUG: 24.0 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= [u'#scaffale, #collana', True, True, True, True, True, True, False, True, True, False, True, u'', True, False, True, True, True, True, False, u'', False]
DEBUG: 24.0 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= manual
DEBUG: 24.0 KoboTcalibre 2.12 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
('Darwin', '13.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0: Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.115.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.8
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Anobii Fetcher && Modify ePub && INMONDADORI && Annotations && Count Pages && ANOBII && Kobo Utilities && KoboTouchExtended && KePub Output
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 762, in handle_bookmarks
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1642, in _get_selected_ids
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 665, in id
AttributeError: 'KTCollectionsBookList' object has no attribute 'id'

Python 2.7.8
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 702, in update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1642, in _get_selected_ids
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 665, in id
AttributeError: 'KTCollectionsBookList' object has no attribute 'id'

Anyway I noticed something related to this issue:
1) I have KoboTools on the contextual menu, but when I select it from there no submenu appears.
2) I Have also KoboTools in the menu bar, also from there I noticed strange behaviours, when I am in the Calibre Main library (Kobo connected of course) all the entries in KoboTools menu are greyed.
If I move to the reader's memory all the entries in KoboTools menu activates, after that they remain active also if I return to the Calibre Library.
3) the "AttributeError: 'KTCollectionsBookList' object has no attribute 'id'" happens only if I select books in the main kobo memory, and then try to use kobo tool

I hope what I wrote is clear enough, my english is far away from beeing perfect

Anyway I'm starting to think to a rude solution, totally deleting Calibre and it's preferences, then reistalling it and plugins from scratch, the only problem is I use Calibre from Years, I dont'know if I'm capable of comfiguring it again in all it's parts
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #770
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
Anyway I'm starting to think to a rude solution, totally deleting Calibre and it's preferences, then reistalling it and plugins from scratch, the only problem is I use Calibre from Years, I dont'know if I'm capable of comfiguring it again in all it's parts
You can start over without losing anything very easily. Make a backup of the Calibre configuration directory. Then you can start over and if you give up, you can put back your backup configuration directory and be no worse off then now.

My suggestion is that once you backup your configuration directory, just delete all the plugins and start by installing the Kobo Utilities plugin and go from there. I doubt you would be having a problem with Calibre's preferences. Also, don't forget to check if the .json files were removed when you deleted the plugins. If not, manually delete them. Those store the settings for the plugins.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #771
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Additionally one could install a copy of calibre portable, and experiment with it to see if the problems follow you.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #772
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Additionally one could install a copy of calibre portable, and experiment with it to see if the problems follow you.
That actually is a better idea.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #773
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Being on mac, I don't think the portable app is an easy solution, but you guys gave me an idea, i could try starting Calibre from a different user
Old 12-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #774
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you to all people that relpied to help

About Shelves: No I use Smart Shelves but I'm aware of Calibre problems with them, so I disabled all the shelves options in Kobo touch Extended driver a long time ago.
Which is what I thought. But, I suspect that a copy of the smart shelves was synced to the server. And that is why you got the duplicate. My thought was that when you first started using smart shelves that you connected to calibre once with shelf management still setup and then synced to Kobo. That would explain what happened.
Quote:
Also I use Smart Shelves from months, and the duplicates appeared only recently, so calibre is not involved in the issue, I was only asking davidfor for a tool to manually managing shelves entry in the DB. I solved editing the DB in a SQLite editor. It was easier than expected

About the error message, I'm not sure this is realted to tne new firmware, new Calibre, new plug-in version or something else, I posted the error message hoping it was useful, because I'm not capable of understanding it.
@Davidfor: I tryed debug mode and here it is the result:
I can see several things in this log. I'll trim it and make the comments.
Quote:
Code:
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 590, in initialize_plugins
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 557, in initialize_plugin
InvalidPlugin: Inizializzazione del plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
 non riuscita con messaggio:
You have old versions of the plugins from Apprentice Alf. They should be removed or replace. This won't cause any problem other than they won't work.
Quote:
Code:
2014-12-17 17:34:01.633 Calibre[5724:507] deliverNotificationWithTitle()
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1603, in update_booklist
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 718, in book_from_path
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/book/base.py", line 786, in __nonzero__
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/book/base.py", line 149, in __getattribute__

Started up in 17.78 seconds with 3868 books
DEBUG:  312.6 KoboUtilities:_on_device_connection_changed - self.plugin_device_connection_changed.__class__:  <type 'PyQt5.QtCore.pyqtBoundSignal'>
DEBUG:  312.6 Methods for self.plugin_device_connection_changed:  ['__call__', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__doc__', '__format__', '__getattribute__', '__getitem__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'connect', 'disconnect', 'emit', 'signal']
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None'
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None', prefix='/Volumes/KOBOeReader/'
DEBUG:    0.0 Kobo device: Kobo Aura HD
DEBUG:    0.0 Version of driver: (2, 2, 20) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG:    0.0 Version of firmware: (3, 12, 0) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG:    0.0 Firmware supports cover image tree: True
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= [u'#scaffale, #collana', True, True, True, True, True, True, False, True, True, False, True, u'', True, False, True, True, True, True, False, u'', False]
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= manual
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboTouch:books - length bl=0
DEBUG:    5.4 KoboTouch:books - length bl after sync=1793
DEBUG:    5.4 KoboTouch:books - reading device database
DEBUG:    5.5 Database Version=111
DEBUG:    5.5 KoboTouch:books - shelf list: []
DEBUG:    5.5 KoboTouch:books - query= SELECT Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded, Series, SeriesNumber, ___UserID, ExternalId FROM content  where BookID is Null  and ((Accessibility = -1 and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1 )) or (Accessibility in (1,2) )       or (Accessibility in (-1, 4, 6) and ___UserId = '') ) and not ((___ExpirationStatus=3 or ___ExpirationStatus is Null) and ContentType = 6) AND (externalId IS NULL OR externalId = '') AND contentId NOT LIKE 'file:///mnt/sd/%'
DEBUG:   20.2 KoboTouch:update_booklist - exception creating book: 'Metadata object has no attribute named: 'author''
DEBUG:   20.2         prefix:  /Volumes/KOBOeReader/ lpath:   title:  Tvtti i trionfi, carri, mascheaate ò canti carnascialeschi andati per Firenze, dal te[m]po del… authors:  Anton Francesco Grazzini,Anton Francesco Grazzini,Medici, Lorenzo de'. Trionfo di Bacco, e Darianna mime:  application/octet-stream date:  2010-01-02T03:36:57.001 ContentType:  6 ImageID:  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I think this, and the traceback, above is the real problem. The error says the book doesn't have an author, but I think the issue is that the "lpath" is empty. The lpath should be the path and file name on the device of the file. It shouldn't be empty as this comes from the database on the device and is the key used there and to find the file when reading. I can't think of how that could happen.
Quote:

Anyway I noticed something related to this issue:
1) I have KoboTools on the contextual menu, but when I select it from there no submenu appears.
2) I Have also KoboTools in the menu bar, also from there I noticed strange behaviours, when I am in the Calibre Main library (Kobo connected of course) all the entries in KoboTools menu are greyed.
If I move to the reader's memory all the entries in KoboTools menu activates, after that they remain active also if I return to the Calibre Library.
3) the "AttributeError: 'KTCollectionsBookList' object has no attribute 'id'" happens only if I select books in the main kobo memory, and then try to use kobo tool

I hope what I wrote is clear enough, my english is far away from beeing perfect

The rest of this is explainable by the earlier error. Or at least it needs to be fixed before looking at these problems.

I don't understand how this could happen. Can I get a copy of the database? Hopefully I can work it out from that. The best way to do this is to put it somewhere I can download it and PM me the link. Or PM me for an email address to send it to.

Edit:

Another way to get the information is to put something in the "Title to test when debugging" field of the driver configuration. If you enter the first part of the title of the book, and run in debug mode, a lot of extra information is written. That should tell me a lot about what is happening. From your log, using "Tvtti" should be enough.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-18-2014 at 02:25 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #775
eXistenZ
Connoisseur

It's even stranger, because that book "Tvtti i trionfi, carri, mascheaate ò canti carnascialeschi..." is not in my kobo, neither in the Calibre library.
I don't remember for sure, but I think I downloaded it months ago for a research, directly from kobo and then deleted it. (EDIT, maybe i downloaded it from elsewere, because it is not in my kobo desktop library)

Anyway I tryed the debug mode as you said, here it is the result.
Spoiler:
2014-12-18 17:24:53.276 calibre-debug[4933:507] CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Helvetica" and got font with PostScript name "Helvetica-Black". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.
2014-12-18 17:24:53.276 calibre-debug[4933:507] CoreText performance note: Set a breakpoint on CTFontLogSuboptimalRequest to debug.
calibre Log di debug
Python 2.7.8
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && ANOBII && KePub Output && Anobii Fetcher && Count Pages && Modify ePub && Annotations && KoboTouchExtended && Kobo Utilities && INMONDADORI
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 1.3 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG: 1.3 rebuild_menus - have device.
DEBUG: 1.3 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=False
2014-12-18 17:24:56.040 calibre-debug[4933:507] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: mach-o, but wrong architecture
calibre-debug: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
2014-12-18 17:24:59.584 Calibre[4948:507] deliverNotificationWithTitle()
DEBUG: 5.7 KoboUtilities:_on_device_connection_changed - self.plugin_device_connection_changed.__class__: <type 'PyQt5.QtCore.pyqtBoundSignal'>
DEBUG: 5.7 Methods for self.plugin_device_connection_changed: ['__call__', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__doc__', '__format__', '__getattribute__', '__getitem__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'connect', 'disconnect', 'emit', 'signal']
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None', prefix='/Volumes/KOBOeReader/'
DEBUG: 0.0 Kobo device: Kobo Aura HD
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of driver: (2, 2, 20) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of firmware: (3, 12, 0) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Firmware supports cover image tree: True
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= [u'#scaffale, #collana', True, True, True, True, True, True, False, True, True, False, True, u'Tvtti', True, False, True, True, True, True, False, u'', False]
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= manual
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to 'Tvtti'
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - length bl=0
Started up in 9.57 seconds with 3868 books
DEBUG: 4.2 KoboTouch:books - length bl after sync=1793
DEBUG: 4.2 KoboTouch:books - reading device database
DEBUG: 4.2 Database Version=111
DEBUG: 4.2 KoboTouch:books - query= SELECT Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded, Series, SeriesNumber, ___UserID, ExternalId FROM content where BookID is Null and ((Accessibility = -1 and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1 )) or (Accessibility in (1,2) ) or (Accessibility in (-1, 4, 6) and ___UserId = '') ) and not ((___ExpirationStatus=3 or ___ExpirationStatus is Null) and ContentType = 6) AND (externalId IS NULL OR externalId = '') AND contentId NOT LIKE 'file:///mnt/sd/%'
DEBUG: 8.1 KoboTouch:books - looping on database - row=1786
DEBUG: 8.1 KoboTouch:books - title='Tvtti i trionfi, carri, mascheaate ò canti carnascialeschi andati per Firenze, dal te[m]po del…' authors= Anton Francesco Grazzini,Anton Francesco Grazzini,Medici, Lorenzo de'. Trionfo di Bacco, e Darianna
DEBUG: 8.1 KoboTouch:books - row= (u'Tvtti i trionfi, carri, mascheaate \xf2 canti carnascialeschi andati per Firenze, dal te[m]po del\u2026', u"Anton Francesco Grazzini,Anton Francesco Grazzini,Medici, Lorenzo de'. Trionfo di Bacco, e Darianna", u'2010-01-02T03:36:57.001', u'7221b840-4043-4ee6-abb7-71ffcb8ba8bf', u'application/epub+zip', u'6', u'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA', 0, 0, -1, 2, u'true', None, None, u'db018bc8-0102-4b38-adcb-2470ff56aae9', u'')
DEBUG: 8.1 KoboTouch:books - path='7221b840-4043-4ee6-abb7-71ffcb8ba8bf' ContentID='7221b840-4043-4ee6-abb7-71ffcb8ba8bf' externalId=
DEBUG: 8.1 KoboTouch:update_booklist - title='Tvtti i trionfi, carri, mascheaate ò canti carnascialeschi andati per Firenze, dal te[m]po del…' ContentType=6 isdownloaded= true
DEBUG: 8.1 prefix=/Volumes/KOBOeReader/, mime=application/octet-stream, date=2010-01-02T03:36:57.001, readstatus=0, MimeType=application/epub+zip, expired=0, favouritesindex=-1, accessibility=2, isdownloaded=true
DEBUG: 8.1 KoboTouch:update_booklist - playlist_map= {u'': []}
DEBUG: 8.1 Traceback (most recent call last):
KoboTouch:update_booklist - idx is none
DEBUG: 8.1 KoboTouch:update_booklist - exception creating book: 'Metadata object has no attribute named: 'author''
DEBUG: 8.1 prefix: /Volumes/KOBOeReader/ lpath: title: Tvtti i trionfi, carri, mascheaate ò canti carnascialeschi andati per Firenze, dal te[m]po del… authors: Anton Francesco Grazzini,Anton Francesco Grazzini,Medici, Lorenzo de'. Trionfo di Bacco, e Darianna mime: application/octet-stream date: 2010-01-02T03:36:57.001 ContentType: 6 ImageID: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
DEBUG: 8.3 KoboTouch:books - about to sync_booklists
DEBUG: 8.3 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 11.6 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 11.6 KoboTouch:books - have done sync_booklists
DEBUG: 11.6 KoboTouch:books - end - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 11.6 KoboTouch:books - oncard='carda'
DEBUG: 11.6 KoboTouch:books - oncard='carda', prefix='/Volumes/SENZATITOLO/'
DEBUG: 11.6 Kobo device: Kobo Aura HD
DEBUG: 11.6 Version of driver: (2, 2, 20) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 11.6 Version of firmware: (3, 12, 0) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 11.6 Firmware supports cover image tree: True
DEBUG: 11.6 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= [u'#scaffale, #collana', True, True, True, True, True, True, False, True, True, False, True, u'Tvtti', True, False, True, True, True, True, False, u'', False]
DEBUG: 11.6 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= manual
DEBUG: 11.6 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to 'Tvtti'
DEBUG: 11.6 KoboTouch:books - length bl=0
DEBUG: 11.7 KoboTouch:books - length bl after sync=44
DEBUG: 11.7 KoboTouch:books - reading device database
DEBUG: 11.7 Database Version=111
DEBUG: 11.7 KoboTouch:books - shelf list: [u'Manga']
DEBUG: 11.7 KoboTouch:books - query= SELECT Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded, Series, SeriesNumber, ___UserID, ExternalId FROM content where BookID is Null and ((Accessibility = -1 and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1 )) or (Accessibility in (1,2) ) or (Accessibility in (-1, 4, 6) and ___UserId = '') ) and not ((___ExpirationStatus=3 or ___ExpirationStatus is Null) and ContentType = 6) AND (externalId IS NOT NULL AND externalId <> '' OR contentId LIKE 'file:///mnt/sd/%')
DEBUG: 11.8 KoboTouch:books - about to sync_booklists
DEBUG: 11.8 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 11.9 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 11.9 KoboTouch:books - have done sync_booklists
DEBUG: 11.9 KoboTouch:books - end - oncard='carda'
DEBUG: 11.9 KoboTouch:books - oncard='cardb'
DEBUG: 11.9 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'cardb', but do not have one!
DeviceJob: 3 Recupera la lista dei libri del dispositivo done, calling callback
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: Starting set_books_in_library
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 1837
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.0483119487762
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: updating views
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: syncing
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: refreshing ondevice
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: sending metadata_available signal
DEBUG: 18.3 KoboUtilities:_on_device_metadata_available - Metadata available: {'A': {u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura HD', u'prefix': '/Volumes/SENZATITOLO/', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'calibre_version': u'2.12.0', u'device_store_uuid': u'4542f3c9-1a5b-47e0-8451-a8d3933970f9', u'location_code': 'A', u'date_last_connected': u'2014-12-18T16:24:59.548848+00:00'}, 'main': {u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura HD', u'prefix': '/Volumes/KOBOeReader/', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'calibre_version': u'2.12.0', u'device_store_uuid': u'1fddf96b-23a6-412b-9922-f2dec137bf48', u'location_code': 'main', u'date_last_connected': u'2014-12-18T16:24:59.541905+00:00'}}
DEBUG: 18.3 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 18.3 KoboUtilites:_on_device_metadata_available - About to start auto backup
DEBUG: 18.3 auto_backup_device_database - start
DEBUG: 18.3 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 18.3 Root path2014-12-18 17:25:12.241 Calibre[4954:507] deliverNotificationWithTitle()
2014-12-18 17:25:30.574 Calibre[4959:507] deliverNotificationWithTitle()
of device: /Volumes/KOBOeReader/
DEBUG: 18.3 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 18.3 auto_backup_device_database - destination directory= /Users/existenz/Web/DB backup
DEBUG: 18.3 auto_backup_device_database - version_info= ['N204B3A313929', '2.6.35.3', '3.12.0', '2.6.35.3', '2.6.35.3', '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000350']
DEBUG: 18.3 auto_backup_device_database - device_information= ('Kobo Aura HD', '', '', '', {'A': {u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura HD', u'prefix': '/Volumes/SENZATITOLO/', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'calibre_version': u'2.12.0', u'date_last_connected': u'2014-12-18T16:25:12.123079+00:00', u'location_code': 'A', u'device_store_uuid': u'4542f3c9-1a5b-47e0-8451-a8d3933970f9'}, 'main': {u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura HD', u'prefix': '/Volumes/KOBOeReader/', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'calibre_version': u'2.12.0', u'date_last_connected': u'2014-12-18T16:25:12.121533+00:00', u'location_code': 'main', u'device_store_uuid': u'1fddf96b-23a6-412b-9922-f2dec137bf48'}})
DEBUG: 18.3 auto_backup_device_database - device_name= KoboAuraHD
DEBUG: 18.3 auto_backup_device_database - backup_file_template= KoboReader-KoboAuraHD-N204B3A313929-
DEBUG: 18.3 auto_backup_device_database - backup_options= {'device_name': 'KoboAuraHD', 'database_file': u'/Volumes/KOBOeReader/.kobo/KoboReader.sqlite', 'serial_number': 'N204B3A313929', 'backup_file_template': 'KoboReader-{0}-{1}-{2}', u'backupEachCOnnection': False, u'backupCopiesToKeepSpin': 4, u'doDailyBackp': True, u'backupDestDirectory': u'/Users/existenz/Web/DB backup', 'device_path': '/Volumes/KOBOeReader/'}
DEBUG: 18.3 KoboUtilitiesAction::_firmware_update
DEBUG: 18.3 auto_backup_device_database - end
DEBUG: 18.3 KoboUtilites:_on_device_metadata_available - About to start auto store
DEBUG: 18.3 auto_store_current_bookmark - start
DEBUG: 18.3 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 18.3 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 18.3 Root path of device: /Volumes/KOBOeReader/
DEBUG: 18.3 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 18.3 QueueProgressDialog::__init__
DEBUG: 18.4 QueueProgressDialog::do_books - Start
DEBUG: 18.4 QueueProgressDialog::do_books - kobo_percentRead_column= #percread
DEBUG: 18.4 QueueProgressDialog::do_books - search_condition= ondevice:True and (#percread:false or #percread:<100)
Job: 3 Recupera la lista dei libri del dispositivo finished
DEBUG: 36.6 QueueProgressDialog::do_books - Finish
DEBUG: 36.6 QueueProgressDialog::do_queue
DEBUG: 36.6 KoboUtilitiesAction::_store_queue_job
DEBUG: 36.7 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 36.7 rebuild_menus - have device.
DEBUG: 36.7 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=True
DeviceJob: 3 Recupera la lista dei libri del dispositivo callback returned
Job: 4 Backing up Kobo device database started
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - start
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_options= {'device_name': 'KoboAuraHD', 'database_file': u'/Volumes/KOBOeReader/.kobo/KoboReader.sqlite', 'serial_number': 'N204B3A313929', 'backup_file_template': 'KoboReader-{0}-{1}-{2}', u'backupEachCOnnection': False, u'backupCopiesToKeepSpin': 4, u'doDailyBackp': True, u'backupDestDirectory': u'/Users/existenz/Web/DB backup', 'device_path': '/Volumes/KOBOeReader/'}
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - copies_to_keep= 4
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_search= KoboReader-KoboAuraHD-N204B3A313929-20141218-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].sqlite
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_search= /Users/existenz/Web/DB backup/KoboReader-KoboAuraHD-N204B3A313929-20141218-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].sqlite
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_files= [u'/Users/existenz/Web/DB backup/KoboReader-KoboAuraHD-N204B3A313929-20141218-170941.sqlite']
DEBUG: 0.0 auto_backup_device_database - Backup already done today
DeviceJob: 4 Backing up Kobo device database done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 4 Backing up Kobo device database callback r* Notification delivered.
void QCocoaWindow::syncWindowState(Qt::WindowState) invalid window content view size, check your window geometry
void QCocoaWindow::syncWindowState(Qt::WindowState) invalid window content view size, check your window geometry

I also sent a PM for the DB

Last edited by eXistenZ; 12-18-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #776
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

My suggestion is to turn off smartshelves and never turn it back on.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #777
eXistenZ
Connoisseur

[GUI Plugin] Kobo Utilities

I solved the shelves prolem 2 days ago editing the DB, now smart shelves are working perfectly.
We are discussing of a completely different problem I have with kobo tools
Old 12-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #778
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My suggestion is to turn off smartshelves and never turn it back on.
The problem we are talking about has NOTHING to do with smart shelves. eXistenZ had another problem that was sort of related, but has been fixed by directly editing the database.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #779
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The problem we are talking about has NOTHING to do with smart shelves. eXistenZ had another problem that was sort of related, but has been fixed by directly editing the database.
Regardless, I still say shutting off smartshelves is a good thing.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #780
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It's even stranger, because that book "Tvtti i trionfi, carri, mascheaate ò canti carnascialeschi..." is not in my kobo, neither in the Calibre library.
I don't remember for sure, but I think I downloaded it months ago for a research, directly from kobo and then deleted it. (EDIT, maybe i downloaded it from elsewere, because it is not in my kobo desktop library)

Anyway I tryed the debug mode as you said, here it is the result.
Code:
DEBUG:    0.0 Kobo device: Kobo Aura HD
DEBUG:    0.0 Version of driver: (2, 2, 20) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG:    0.0 Version of firmware: (3, 12, 0) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG:    0.0 Firmware supports cover image tree: True
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= [u'#scaffale, #collana', True, True, True, True, True, True, False, True, True, False, True, u'Tvtti', True, False, True, True, True, True, False, u'', False]
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= manual
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to 'Tvtti'
I also sent a PM for the DB
The book might be an archived book or a recommendation. Looking at the driver options you are using, you are showing the archived books and recommendations in the device list. I think turning these off will solve the problem. Can you try that? Turn them both off and if the plugin starts working, turn them on separately. That way we can see which is the problem.

I will do some test myself and see what happens. The above options should work, so I'll look at fixing them. I have also just realised it's a while since I have tested them.

Also, you might want to look at the other driver configuration options. You still have the options for the shelf management selected. These aren't acted on as you have the device metadata management set to manual. But, that means the series information is not updated by the driver. I would recommend removing the shelf management options and changing metadata management to automatic.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities