Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: How often do you post in the "What are we reading?" thread?
Yes, I post about each and every book I read. 4 7.69%
I post about the most interesting books I read. 10 19.23%
I post randomly about the books I read. 14 26.92%
I never (or just very rarely) post about the books I read. 25 48.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Do you post about all the books you read in the "What are we reading?" thread?

I wondered if people posted about all the books they read in the Hey!! Let's get some action going! What are we reading? thread? Or just those that are especially interesting? Or just completely randomly?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I post when I see the thread pop up in "Today's Posts" and I'm reading or have finished something interesting. I actually meant to post yesterday.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Most interesting to me at the moment...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I only post about books I would recommend to others.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I don't generally post about what I'm reading.

1) It's usually fanfic or other web-grabs, not "ebooks" as such.
2) When it is ebooks, it's usually romance or erotica.
3) About half the rest is books I scanned myself; I have no interest in taunting people with "I'm reading an ebook that you can't share unless you go to the effort of chop/scan/OCR, or hit the darknets." (I'd write to the publishers, but I know how likely it is for out-of-print religious nonfic to get reprinted, much less converted to digital formats.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #6
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I checked my posts on this thread to give a truthful answer, which is like recluse
"I only post about books I would recommend to others."

At the beginning of my membership I put the books I was reading in my signature, than I found other uses for it, some were silly like updating my diet, and some are utilitarians like promoting us Italians. The point is that I am reading little, too little.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Apparently I am the only one so far who posts all of them. Gives me a good record of what I have read over the period and hopefully gives others some ideas of what to read next Or what not to read next as far as my pans go.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:47 PM   #8
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'd like to... but everytime I search the thread, the book I want to discuss has already been discussed.
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:00 AM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I wondered if people posted about all the books they read in the Hey!! Let's get some action going! What are we reading? thread? Or just those that are especially interesting? Or just completely randomly?
Great question, Ea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
Apparently I am the only one so far who posts all of them. Gives me a good record of what I have read over the period and hopefully gives others some ideas of what to read next Or what not to read next as far as my pans go.

Mel
I'm trying to remember to post all the ones I read, but have not kept up lately. My reason for wanting to do so was seeing posts by pdurrant as he quotes what he said he was starting then gives comments upon finishing it. I think it is a good way to keep track of what I read and how I liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukoan View Post
I'd like to... but everytime I search the thread, the book I want to discuss has already been discussed.
I thought about that, but then I realized that I sometimes do a search for the book title to see what others thought about it. I really appreciated it when a lot of members had comments I could compare to my own.

So, don't worry, post anyway as we do like to read comments by others about the same book (either after we have read it or checking to see if we want to read it).
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:40 AM   #10
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Great question, Ea.
post anyway as we do like to read comments by others about the same book (either after we have read it or checking to see if we want to read it).
Great and helpful as always! Ciao dreams. As a matter of fact reading this has made me change my mind about how to post on this thread. From now on I will post everything, and with a few comments that might be of interest . The search is very useful, of course.

Thank you

Last edited by beppe; 07-23-2010 at 02:49 AM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:07 AM   #11
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I tend to only post about books I'm reading that I've found are excellent reads that I also think might be interesting to other forum members. Since many of the books I'm currently reading are off-the-beaten path manga that probably wouldn't interest others, along with many monthly U. S. comic books, I haven't have much to recommend to others.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:17 AM   #12
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I think I may have posted there one or two times. That thread is an intimidating length so I kind of just stay away. Ha ha.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:56 AM   #13
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I tend to use the *Hey Let's Get Some Action Going* thread. It's a lively little club within a club with a handful of insightful contributors and lot's of fun. Great and trustworthy recommendations. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:30 AM   #14
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Great and helpful as always! Ciao dreams. As a matter of fact reading this has made me change my mind about how to post on this thread. From now on I will post everything, and with a few comments that might be of interest . The search is very useful, of course.
Thank you
Thanks, beppe. I love to read everyone's comments about their reading. I've expanded my reading genre because of reading that thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
I tend to only post about books I'm reading that I've found are excellent reads that I also think might be interesting to other forum members. Since many of the books I'm currently reading are off-the-beaten path manga that probably wouldn't interest others, along with many monthly U. S. comic books, I haven't have much to recommend to others.
We do have quite a few members who read comics, manga, etc. I even purchased a couple because of the comments from members. Please share
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
I think I may have posted there one or two times. That thread is an intimidating length so I kind of just stay away. Ha ha.
I thought that also, but just post and pop in to check what is going on. It's a great way to even keep track of what you have read. Just search for your own posts in that thread and it pops up a great record of all your reading and comments.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:39 AM   #15
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
There is a "What are you reading?" thread?

I will need to research that, but in all honesty, when I finally read the "What are you reading thread?" I would have to respond with "the "What are you reading?" thread"

You see the dilemma.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote