Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #61
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Ah.. I now see why I could not see it.. I have a tool called AdMuncher installed, and it blocked that as an advertisment!

One useful tip; through Facebook you can find a $5.00 off coupon. Enter the word "Save5" during checkout.
Doh! Oh well.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #62
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I'm quite but it won't be as easy to open up to look at the circuit board - the real evidence one way or the other.
well here are the insides

http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/2010...kobos-ereader/

Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #63
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Thanks for the nice pictures. Ok if I put them in the wiki? Is their any writing on the board that shows who made it?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #64
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

they came from the FCC so they are public

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...27NOIKBN416%27

i feel like i should rip open my pocketbook 301 to compare but i think its clear it is netronix hardware from the cover letter and confidentiality request

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf
Old 03-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #65
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
i feel like i should rip open my pocketbook 301 to compare but i think its clear it is netronix hardware from the cover letter and confidentiality request
If it isn't EB600 hardware, then they faked it quite good.
Compare with the pictures from OpenInkpot:

http://openinkpot.org/wiki/Device/EB600/Photos

The basic layout is almost the same, only mirrored. The CPU seems to be the same too.

[edit]So, it is possible for the EB600 to be sold for 150$ and still make a profit. I really start to wonder just HOW cheap that hardware is...

Last edited by Cyberman tM; 03-30-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #66
Dulin's Books
Wizard

with a bluetooth module added,too. buuuttttt..... they may not be making a profit at 150, they do say its a temporary introductory price
Old 03-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #67
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
From reading the user manual found at the FCC site, it does look like the only supported phone for download applications is the BlackBerry. That probably explains the BlackBerry copyright infomation previously discussed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:19 AM   #68
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
One gets the impression that Kobo is looking to make their money on the backend from selling books. Since they give away free software for nearly every platform and device (they're the only major retailer with an app for Palm WebOS so far), they are probably not looking to make a killing on the reader, but provide an easy ecosystem choice for those who prefer eInk and then get busy selling them books to read on it.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #69
valerian
valerian began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, I'm far from computer savvy - so I guess it means this device can't be downloaded via wireless and you would have to have either computer or blueray device?
valerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:25 AM   #70
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
It is an EB600 clone from Netronix.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #71
Joe Church
Joe Church began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Kobo experience

I have a Kobo eReader (black is beautiful). Issues are: management software, pdf, no landscape and maybe the button.
Without calibre software to manage content the eReader would be frustrating.
The Kobo PC software only displays and synchs ebooks bought from Kobo (doesn't sound like a source agnostic approach). I cannot identify a directory with other ebooks in it. The Kobo software does not see the 100 free ebooks already loaded so they cannot be synched, i.e. removed (unless I play inside the sqlite database).
The pdf reader is clumsy (arrows) unless the pdf page size matches the screen (unlikely). It is better to convert all pdf to ePub in calibre.
Calibre allows downloading of newspapers but they are hard to access without a touchscreen (or a mouse).
Converting powerpoint to pdf to epub works but the slide is squished into portrait. Landscape would make it much better.
It also feels like the page advance switch will wear out.
I am happy so far but only because calibre makes up for the poor kobo software.
Thank you Kovid.
Joe Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #72
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerian View Post
Hi, I'm far from computer savvy - so I guess it means this device can't be downloaded via wireless and you would have to have either computer or blueray device?
Hi valerian--

Yes, you have to transfer books from the computer to the device via a USB cord. I'm not sure how the Bluetooth syncing works, but I understand that only the BlackBerry client works at the moment anyway.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #73
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
ITA, if it weren't for Calibre the Kobo would be unmanageable with the Kobo software. You can use ADE to manage your library on the Kobo but Calibre is far better.

The only way to get rid of the 100 free ebooks is to edit the SQLite database, which I did. I'd rather download the same ebooks from here because I know they will be beautiful ebooks.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote