Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
danclark514
danclark514 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Folder of JPG's to Epub

Hello,

I have a PDF which is scanned magazine pages.
I want to convert this PDF to Epub.
Since direct conversion of PDF->Epub isn't so great, and isn't coming out right, I converted my PDF to a folder of JPG images of all the pages.

I want to convert this folder of JPG's into an Epub that will display correctly in Adobe Digital Editions and hopefully on the Ipad aswell.

I tried doing the comic book conversion method, zipped the folder of images, and it came out correctly but it converted the images to greyscale, which I don't want and didn't see a way to disable the greyscale conversion. When I disabled the comic book conversion for the zip, the aspect ratio was too large and didn't display correctly in Digital Editions, the images were cut off since they are too large.

Any advice?

Thanks
danclark514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Disable comic processing in the COMIC input conversion settings, then your images wont be grayscaled.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
danclark514
danclark514 began at the beginning.

Device: none
the thing is, the comic book processing fixes the aspect ratio and size for viewing. when i comic book process, it shows correctly in digital editions only it makes it greyscale.

when i disable it, my pages arent showing up correct, the pages are cut off and too large, like the images are too large.

trying to find a work around for this. i want the conversions to show correct in digital editions and the ipad.
danclark514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:27 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a feature request to disable grayscaling in comic conversion and I'll get to it in a bit
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote