Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-14-2006, 03:39 AM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
iLiad usable for scientists?

Being the math geek I am, I wonder what is currently my option to get LaTeX information on the iLiad?
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:01 AM   #2
ath
Addict
ath doesn't litterath doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony PRS-505, Kindle Paperwhite & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
Being the math geek I am, I wonder what is currently my option to get LaTeX information on the iLiad?
PDF. Possibly XHTML, but I doubt it.
ath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
# .tex-> LaTeX -> .dvi -> dvipdfm -> .pdf
# .tex-> pdfLaTeX -> .pdf
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #4
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ath
Possibly XHTML, but I doubt it.
It sounds too geek even for this forum

But in theory it is possible, using one of these latex2html things, translating to html plus jpgs.

A third option is to print directly into bmp or jpg using the ghostscript driver. Advantage: you can do notes!
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:48 PM   #5
jsc
jsc began at the beginning.

LaTeX works great for the iLiad. I've been using the memoir class successfully, with a custom page size for the iLiad and adjustments for the header/footer and heading font sizes. Any PDF (of the right size) displays just fine.
jsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2006, 05:00 PM   #6
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Quote:
pdflatex and ps2pdf work fine, complex formulas are okay to read. However, when looking at A4/letter papers scaled to the Iliad screen, forget about small subscripts and alike. It's not really fun to read.

A problem with the current pdf viewer is the antialiasing. Thin lines (greek letters, subscripts, fractions, ...) are not only too small, but also grey on grey. I hope future pdf viewers will allow to set blackness.

Reformatting papers to fit the Iliad screen doesn't really work -- people tend to make formulas such that they fit the intended paper size. If you retex with smaller papersize, a lot of formulas reach out of screen.
ali is offline   Reply With Quote