Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Iʻm obsessed. I need some serious help.

For Christmas, my 9yo got his first DS. About a week later, I discovered Professor Layton. Iʻm obsessed. Why, oh why, have five or so of his wonderful magical puzzle games not been released in the US (from what I can gather, please tell me Iʻm wrong!!)???

I love Professor Layton. I love his puzzles. I canʻt stop working them. I canʻt stop following his adventures. I could have spend all those hours here instead.

Am I the only one?

<--puzzle lover
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to DS Anon, GraceKrispy

(You can do it, 'lil penquin, I know you can.)

I was addicted also. My addiction of choice was Animal Crossing and Brain Age. My son gave me a DS Lite and it was downhill from there.

My DS even had its own cute little case and went everywhere with me. I talked on the phone (texting was out as I needed my hands for playing), watched TV, and visited people while playing!

I finally just let the battery run down, packed everything up, and put it in the box.

My next step is to sell it. (confession time.... I'm still having trouble moving on to this step, especially now that I heard about Professor Layton)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Which ones did you want?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...+layton+ninten
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You people need to stop...........RIGHT NOW!!!

I don't need any more encouragement to buy one of these things..........

My granddaughter got one for Christmas........right now all she has are games for 6 year old girls.........but I"m liking the concept..........AAcckkk!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Oh, that was evil....

Now, I want to try one.
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Oh, that was evil....

Now, I want to try one.
Just trying to help my friends........isnt' that what this board is for?
Old 02-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

but *whine whine* I have those two listed on your link! (Diabolical Box and Curious Village) and Iʻve solved one of them and almost solved the other (I have a little left to do on the one I solved). There are, apparently, four more released (or almost released) in Japan that havenʻt been released here yet...I NEED those!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Layton_(series)

And if you want to try it out (evil Prof Layton pusher)-- check it out here: http://professorlaytonds.com/

I find myself attracted to Professor Layton in a big way, top hat and all....
Old 02-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Aw jeez. Guess you'll just have to wait!

Never mind........you could always read a good book instead, right?
Old 02-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #9
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I was hoping to get my daughter a Nintendo DS. She really liked her Leapster, but has grown out of it. (sniff )

This fall, we actually won an Xbox 360 system from the McDonald's Monopoly game, but with titles like Assassin's Creed , Left for Dead 2 , Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil , Alien vs. Predator, Gears of War, Halo, Darksiders , Battlefield, Bayonetta , Saw etc. etc. ect., we decided to sell it and get her the DS instead.

Do you think we can sell the darn thing? Maybe there's a reason...
Thanks for the warning, Grace!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I was hoping to get my daughter a Nintendo DS. She really liked her Leapster, but has grown out of it. (sniff )

This fall, we actually won an Xbox 360 system from the McDonald's Monopoly game, but with titles like Assassin's Creed , Left for Dead 2 , Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil , Alien vs. Predator, Gears of War, Halo, Darksiders , Battlefield, Bayonetta , Saw etc. etc. ect., we decided to sell it and get her the DS instead.

Do you think we can sell the darn thing? Maybe there's a reason...
Thanks for the warning, Grace!
Nice family games they gave you there!!
Old 02-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #11
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
For what it's worth DS games are region free. So you could import and play those games if you wanted to. There is just the issue of them being in Japanese...
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #12
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Nice family games they gave you there!!
The system didn't come with those games, but when looking for games to get for it, this was mostly what was available. There are a token few "family" games, but sadly not enough of them to make it worth keeping.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:08 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
will you pay more for a game that lasts longer; than you would pay for a book !?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #14
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
For what it's worth DS games are region free. So you could import and play those games if you wanted to. There is just the issue of them being in Japanese...
Yeah, it the Japanese that Iʻm a little unsure about...I mean, I know you can meaning from those little lines and pretty pictures if you know how. I just donʻt know how

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
The system didn't come with those games, but when looking for games to get for it, this was mostly what was available. There are a token few "family" games, but sadly not enough of them to make it worth keeping.
yes, dh bought a PS3 for Christmas a few years back, mainly for the blu-ray capability. Itʻs hard to find family games to play. We have Cars, and a few sports games, and surfʻs up. We like cars and surfʻs up, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
will you pay more for a game that lasts longer; than you would pay for a book !?
I donʻt buy books. Well, I do, but extremely rarely and they have to be on a super cheap sale. Itʻs weird, I guess since the library is available, I just use that. I donʻt collect books at all. Now games, I collect. In fact, yesterday, I collected the brain age game for ds too.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #15
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
<SNIP> In fact, yesterday, I collected the brain age game for ds too.
Oh, oh.. that was one of the ones that started my addiction!