Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Free Kindle Kindle book...

This was on Teleread blog which comes from the Kindle blog... but it seems that it is worth repeating here:

Join other Kindle owners who have unlocked the pleasures to Kindle ownership by reading Stephen Windwalker’s premier guide for Kindle owners; and as a way of thanking the Kindle community, you can download The Complete User’s Guideto the Amazing Amazon Kindle FOR FREE through October 18th, compliments of the author. Written for serious readers as well as early adopters and “gadget heads”, Windwalker’s guide was the first full-length book about the Kindle for Kindle users. In it you’ll find tips on everything from taking notes on Kindle, to accessing Wikipedia more quickly and smoothly, to how to publish a Kindle edition of your own book or document, and much, much more.

Here is the link to the ebook:

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Amazi...4269829&sr=1-2

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
Sloan
Sloan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sweet! Thanks for posting this!
Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
thanks and a tip o' the hat BOb!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Gracias, Pilota Roberto!!

eeeeehaaaaaa!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:45 AM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Oh Goody, thanks
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Snagged it. Thanks!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Snagged it. Thanks!
Yep. Isn't Kindle nice. I grabbed this the other day on line. Just now I flipped on my Kindles wireless and the book showed up in about 30seconds... and then I turned off the wireless. That is faster than hooking it to the PC, waiting for it to mount, coping a file to it... unmounting it.

While I could live without Whispernet... it sure is a "nice to have".

BOb
Old 10-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Ummm... it's still 18 October by my calendar, but the book is priced at $2.39 at Amazon. Wonder if they gave away too many books?

Update: I fired up the antenna on my Kindle and loaded the "Kindle Daily Post" (which I haven't found any way to access except directly from the Kindle) and it says, "FOR FREE through October 17th". Given that this message is dated October 16 @ 8:01 AM PDT, that's not a very long window of opportunity.

Last edited by Elsi; 10-18-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Ummm... it's still 18 October by my calendar, but the book is priced at $2.39 at Amazon. Wonder if they gave away too many books?
Hmm... I went straight to the Kindle blog and it says Oct 17th. Not sure why Teleread blog was wrong. Or if they changed it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/A1F8Z0JAEIDVRY

I have subscribed to the blog so I don't miss stuff like this.

BOb
Old 10-18-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Thanks for this. I had not been able to find the web version of the "Daily Post" that is accessible from the Kindle. Comparing this to the Kindle, it appears to be the same thing.

I'm subscribing to it right now.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote