Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-06-2016, 09:39 AM   #1
JDThird
JDThird began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
New Itunes error

I don't see anyone else with recent posts, so hopefully mine's just a glitch somewhere.

I'm using the current iTunes and Calibre on Windows 10. And it's worked fine until recently to connect to iTunes, and then copy books into itunes.

But now, it's not. I can still connect to itunes just fine, and when I do, calibre changes to the view that shows me what is already copied into iTunes and wha'ts not, but when I go to 'copy to main memory' now, I get an error that the device isn't found.

calibre, version 2.63.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 22] Invalid argument

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 584, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1223, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1459, in _add_new_copy
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 2965, in _update_epub_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\epub.py", line 279, in set_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\epub.py", line 147, in read_bytes
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 986, in read
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1016, in open
IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

It obviously can see itunes when I first connect, otherwise it wouldn't change the view to show what is already in iTunes and what isn't.

The only thing that has changed recently is we've switched to Sophos for antivirus, but I've killed all monitoring and scanning and I still get this error, so I figured before I start uninstalling things I'd check if there was any simple way to try to fix it.

Thanks

John
JDThird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicates the epub file you are trying to send is invalid.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
itunes