Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Kindle's "Reset to Factory Defaults"

My K3 is giving problems, freezing and taking forever to open books, to go to the home screen etc. Hard resets aren't helping, and I'm thinking of resetting to factory settings. What should I expect, other than having to reload my items? I'm only seeing the New Oxford American Dictionary in my archive; will I get back the Oxford Dictionary of English?
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
You will also need to re-enter your wi-fi router details to connect to wi-fi and re-register the Kindle with Amazon, which doesn't take long.

If you had the Oxford Dictionary of English on the Kindle to start with, then it should be back on there after the reset to factory defaults. I'm just after resetting mine and the only 3 things on it were the New Oxford American Dictionary, Oxford Dictionary of English and the Kindle Users Guide.

Had you updated to the 3.4 firmware? If so, once you've connected via wi-fi and re-registered, if you sync and check it might do the update to 3.4 automatically, it did with me.

I initially still had some problems with it freezing and taking an age to do anything and so I thought the reset hadn't worked, but I left it without rebooting it and it eventually started working, still very sluggish but it gradually got faster and is now working fine.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I initially still had some problems with it freezing and taking an age to do anything and so I thought the reset hadn't worked, but I left it without rebooting it and it eventually started working, still very sluggish but it gradually got faster and is now working fine.
Thanks for mentioning this! I did the reset last night and it was quite painless. It's still sluggish but getting better; I notice it's a little (!) faster this evening than last night, so I'm hoping it'll be back to normal very soon.

I didn't have any issues till I updated to 3.4 and I'm tempted to say the update messed with it but, frankly, I haven't the slightest idea what went wrong.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I didn't have any issues till I updated to 3.4 and I'm tempted to say the update messed with it but, frankly, I haven't the slightest idea what went wrong.
That was the same for me, however, we have two Kindle's in our house, both updated to the 3.4 firmware at the same time, and only one has had any issues. So far so good since the reset though.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
That was the same for me, however, we have two Kindle's in our house, both updated to the 3.4 firmware at the same time, and only one has had any issues. So far so good since the reset though.
Happy to report it's now fully back to its usual awesome self! *big relieved sigh*
Advert