Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Help Restoring Calibre Database?

I finally gave up on Calibre2opds - couldn't get it to work, and couldn't find any help. Anyway, I noticed it adding a lot of jpg and resized jpg to my Dropbox file. I deleted the catalog, but I guess it left those.

Today, I tried to open Calibre, and was told my database was corrupted. I ran through the prompts, was told it couldn't be recovered, and was told to create a new library, which I did. When I opened Calibre, my old library was in place, and looked fine. I ran library maintenance, and it said I have some unknown files in books. It turns out there are 2 for every book, the jpg and resized jpg added by Calibre2opds.

Here is my question. I have 4000 books in my Calibre library. I would rather not check 8000 boxes. Is there a way to check all at once? I tried shift and right clicking, but couldn't come up with anything. I really want to delete all 8000 unknown files - after the deletion, everything is fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can just leave the files there. They wont hurt anything, but a quick way to get rid of them is use the calibre move library facility. That should only move the files calibre knows about and leave the rest behind.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you!!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Calibre moved them all. Oh well, I would rather have too many than too few files in Calibre. I guess I will just run library maintenance and delete them a few hundred at a time. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I do want to clean up my Calibre library, though. I was concerned when I got the error message today (never got that before). If there is a chance these files caused it, I want to make sure they are gone. Can't be too careful with Calibre!
It is priceless!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 04-29-2012 at 05:20 PM.