Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Asus Transformer starting to be in Stock

http://androidcommunity.com/asus-tra...rget-20110519/

checked out Walmart's site and they have both the Asus and the keyboard available.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Acer Iconia vs. Asus Transformer prizefight:

http://reviews.cnet.com/2722-3126_7-...carouselMain.0

Saving my pennies for the Asus!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
checked out Walmart's site and they have both the Asus and the keyboard available.
Gone now. Ridiculous. I'd be hesitant to buy one for fear that I couldn't exchange it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
i was tempted to buy the iconia until i actually played with one. the screen is only 262K color and shows terrible banding. it had some ghosting too, but not as bad as the xoom.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
I would consider one of these, but impossible to find in stock at this time-unless you want to pay more than retail and that won't happen in this lifetime for me. Waiting game at this point. They keep playing this game with supply and they will lose my purchase to a better one no doubt just around the corner. I truly believe they are withholding stock just to build false hype. Not gonna fall for that scam.

Last edited by Mrgauth; 05-25-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I registered at nowinstock.net and they just sent me updates every time someone had them in stock. It resulted in me ordering on Best Buy's site using my phone, but I'd already missed a couple of notifications from WalMart, and didn't want to wait until I got home since they don't seem to last long. I got my TF yesterday and have really enjoyed playing with it.

Personally, I don't think its artificial shortage. I think they just didn't make a lot of them. Android tablet sales have been pretty lackluster. And it's not like this is making the 6 O'Clock news. A few tech blogs are writing about it, but that's pretty small potatoes when you're comparing it to things like the iPad. Plus, Samsung's new 10" Galaxy is coming out soon. This has been known for awhile. I would think it would make more sense for Asus to get as many units as they could sell out there before it hits. I think it was just them not wanting to overextend themselves.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
But the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is $100 more expensive than the TF. Is there anything that justifies that price difference? It seems to me that Asus shouldn't be too worried about the new GT.

Congrats on your new purchase! Are you going to get the dock as well?
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
But the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is $100 more expensive than the TF. Is there anything that justifies that price difference? It seems to me that Asus shouldn't be too worried about the new GT.

Congrats on your new purchase! Are you going to get the dock as well?
Higher-end case materials. I believe it has USB host, but I'm not sure. I know some people like the squarer form factor better. It got a lot of hype at I/O. Engadget & Gizmodo seem to be talking them up a lot which will count with a lot of people. I obviously think they're wrong since I bought the Transformer. I would've at $500.

I'm definitely getting a dock, too. I've got a nowinstock.net notification set up for that, too. From what I've read about Samsung's keyboard dock, it's nothing special. Pretty much just a keyboard. No hinge. No battery.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #9
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Best buy has it in stock now. Get it while you can!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+E...&skuId=2475916
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:50 AM   #10
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Geez. I ran into Fry's on Saturday, and there were none to be found. Not too surprising. The rep I talked to said they got a shipment in on Friday and they were gone before the day was through.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:04 AM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
Best buy has it in stock now. Get it while you can!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+E...&skuId=2475916
Sold Out.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Starting to show up on Amazon as well for $399. Right now it ships within 8 - 9 business days, but it might be interesting for those of you who don't have to pay sale taxes when buying from Amazon.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #13
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I just ordered the 32GB TF101-B1 from Newegg for $499.

http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail..._-E0A-_-EEEPad

With free three day shipping.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #14
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
The only thing I would be wary of when ordering from Newegg is that they won't take returns unless defective. So, if you just change your mind,too bad. That is why I would only buy from someone who takes ANY return. Just an FYI just incase that could be a concern.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
Starting to show up on Amazon as well for $399. Right now it ships within 8 - 9 business days, but it might be interesting for those of you who don't have to pay sale taxes when buying from Amazon.
Thanks for mentioning this I just ordered one. There have been third party's selling them through Amazon for a while at increased prices, but it's nice to be able to get it from Amazon for the correct price and with confidence that it can be returned easily if there are problems.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote