Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Android 3.1 Hands-On: How Much Better Is It?

Laptop mag has a hands on review of HC 3.1

Quote:
Last week at the Google I/O conference, the company released Android 3.1, an update to the Honeycomb tablet OS that offers greater stability, premium movie rentals, resizable widgets, Flash Player 10.3, and more. We installed the update on the Motorola Xoom and gave it a spin to find out if the platform finally has that fully baked smell. Click through to see our hands-on evaluation of all the new features. (more...)
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, the update hasn't made it to my Xoom in the UK yet
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
The big questions:

Quote:
In our last hands-on with Flash Player 10.2, we noted that it was impossible to play HD videos or toggle the volume option on YouTube videos. We are happy to report that, after updating to Flash 10.3, many of those issues have been resolved. We were able to watch YouTube and Vevo HD videos without a problem. We also noticed that videos started a little faster and played much more smoothly.

To see how the Xoom could handle interactive Flash sites, we loaded the website for the Volkswagen Jetta. Rotating the car in the 360 external view was fairly smooth, but not as easy to manipulate as using a mouse on a PC. Similarly, on the Sony Internet TV site, transitions between characters at the bottom of the screen and videos were somewhat seamless, but nowhere near what you’d get on a desktop or laptop.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Laptop mag has a hands on review of HC 3.1
That is great news! i may have to retry the xoom at my local verizon and see how it is. im glad to see that they added the movie service, i rent/watch movies & tv shows on itunes. i tried a few times on samsungs media hub but samsung charges almost twice as much sometimes 3 times as much for the same rentals on android/amazon and itunes.

Now if they start getting tv series on android market i may be able to break away from itunes!
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by covfam View Post
i may be able to break away from itunes!
That can only be positive!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #6
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
i've read that you can actually visit xda's forum list without it stuttering now using the 2010 template.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Well i was at my local verizon and they had a demo xoom with 3.1 on it and i have to say its like night & day better than 2 weeks ago on 3.0.
2 weeks ago the xoom crashed 3 times while demoing it, video stutterd, ui clumsy,
Now the ui moves smoothly, the interface feels more responsive, the flash video plays fine and smoothly and playing with it for a half hour i had no crash.

In my opinion THIS is the motorola xoom that motorola should have rolled out NOT honeycomb 3.0 with 3.1 the xoom feels just right. imho its also lightyears better than my galaxy tabs froyo 2.2
The honeycomb 3.1 is more intuitive than 2.2 as well as 3.0 kinda like how apple and ios "it just works" honeycomb 3.1 is closest to it just works feeling that in my opinion the other androids still felt like beta testing.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote