Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mio
Updating to a new version

I have been using Calibre for some time but only version 0.7.9 - my question is if I update to a newer version such as 0.7.35 will all my entries (now almost 3000) be still there in the exact same way they are now. I am hesitant to update and seek some confirmation that all my work is not going to disappear. thanks. Berni
Berni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
I have been using Calibre for some time but only version 0.7.9 - my question is if I update to a newer version such as 0.7.35 will all my entries (now almost 3000) be still there in the exact same way they are now. I am hesitant to update and seek some confirmation that all my work is not going to disappear. thanks. Berni
We can't Guarantee that your work won't go away.

That is not Normal, when upgrading Calibre. (I have done about 50 upgrades,without oops! )

But Backups are always before you do something.
With Calibre Quit. Copy the entire Library folder and Contents. That's the books and Metadata.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert