Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 04:27 AM   #1
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Audio, Video Tag Nuking request

Hi, Valloric:

Knowing me, this is probably already on your to-do list, and this will be merely irksome, BUT, if you could prevent Sigil from constantly nuking audio and video tags, that would be lovely. I have a pretty good number of authors now embedding video into their ePUBs destined for iBooks, and this means that I have to tweak the final output by hand, as I can't use Sigil.

I originally thought it was Tidy, but it isn't; turning Tidy off doesn't stop the carnage. ;-) (Oh! The Humanity.....)

Thanks,

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:37 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
http://code.google.com/p/sigil/issues/detail?id=557
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Valloric:

I realize that you are definitely DA MAN, but, really: I NEED IT! I WANT IT!

Okay: if I ask, pretty please, could you at least stick in an option (The No Strippers option?)

Hitch
Old 11-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Can I have a 'YES I WANT SOME STRIPPERS' option
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

@Perkin: Yeah, but only if you have a fistful of Franklins.

Hitch
Old 11-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Valloric:

I realize that you are definitely DA MAN, but, really: I NEED IT! I WANT IT!

Okay: if I ask, pretty please, could you at least stick in an option (The No Strippers option?)

Hitch
The problem is, unsurprisingly, Tidy.

It flat-out deletes any element it's not explicitly coded to recognise, even in a bare-bones configuration. Since with HTML5 (which epub3 is going to use as the basis of OPS docs) content creators will be able to use even custom elements (say, <ducky> or <hitch>), I'm planning to rework Tidy so that it leaves unrecognised elements alone.

I've looked into it and it appears that doing it properly will take quite a bit of work. So it's on the list, but not before Sigil 0.4.0.

Last edited by Valloric; 11-27-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio tags, epub, html, sigil, video