Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Exclamation links to store not working?

Today, when I try any of the follwing on my glo:
Home page-->find books-->Categories/Free e-books/Reading lists
i get an error:

Quote:
oops, server trouble.
unfortunately something happened while processing and this page could not be loaded.

if you continue to encounter this problem please contact kobo customer care for assistance

(etc etc)
(search kobo however does work).

is anyone else encountering this or is it just my device?

i've tried on and off for a few hours...
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hmmm 53 views and no one knows...

would someone with a glo mind trying the links and seeing? i want to know whether it's worth the hassle of calling/emailing kobo.
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
I often get that message when I buy from my desktop. However, the book always shows up in my Kobo library within seconds and from there I download it to my computer.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
Uschiekid
Tenrec

oh, i mean doing it right on the glo, not from a computer

and not after buying a book, but rather, it won't let me get to the screen to look through categories, free ebooks or reading lists. ie i can't even browse for books...just search for specific ones using "search kobo" option under "find books" on the home screen

it did let me do this until today.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Just tried and I can get into the "categories" and browse books.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
Uschiekid
Tenrec

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Just tried and I can get into the "categories" and browse books.
ok thanks. guess it might be a problem with my device
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Or your country. Kobo do show different info to people based on their location.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #8
Uschiekid
Tenrec

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Or your country. Kobo do show different info to people based on their location.
ahh. me country be canada.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Oops

All seems fine for me on a Touch in Toronto.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #10
Uschiekid
Tenrec

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Oops

All seems fine for me on a Touch in Toronto.
rats!

oops...i mean, lucky you
Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Uschiekid
Tenrec

in the off chance that anyone might come across the same problem (though fairly unlikely i think)

i finally remembered that the last time i'd gone in to those options, i'd hit "buy now" on a book i didn't want to buy...and it sent me to set up credit card info, which i didn't want to provide, since i want to wait until i actually have a book i want to purchase. so i cancelled or x-ed out or something.

so apparently it didn't like me doing that. that's why i was getting servers errors.

my solution was to sign out of my kobo account after syncing my books, and sign back in. and go through the start up process. which made my sideloaded books fall off their bookshelves but did solve my problem with connecting to the store server.

i guess it somehow messed up my signed in status when i refused to continue the book check out by entering credit info. shouldn't have happened, but at least solvable without factory resetting or anything.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:01 AM   #12
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
my solution was to sign out of my kobo account after syncing my books, and sign back in. and go through the start up process. which made my sideloaded books fall off their bookshelves but did solve my problem with connecting to the store server.
The new Kobo driver for calibre could put all those books right back up there on those shelves for you: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #13
Uschiekid
Tenrec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
The new Kobo driver for calibre could put all those books right back up there on those shelves for you: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184
thanks for the tip