Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #61
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
Usually. For some pretty important files it fails, since original
file was formatted with end of line and it shows as:

This is the way I see my favorite files
when I do
want them in epub.

End of line is on "I do". It could be changed manually or with
little shell script, but one has to find all instances and avoid
changing what has to be like that. I'm not an expert for pdf,
so I might be wrong.
I've encountered the exact same problem, Zoran. I've only tried converting a couple of PDF's to ePub's, so I don't know how common this problem is, but it's happened each time for me (maybe I've just been unlucky).
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #62
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I have had good luck converting PDF's. They are mainly text though. The only thing I need to do is use Calibre to remove headers and footers. Need to test that a bit more.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert