Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
External Fonts on Sony

I apologize in advance - I swear I have seen this information somewhere and now I can't find it...

I have downloaded the freely distributable fonts from the Liberation package, and I want to copy them to the internal memory of the PRS-600.

https://fedorahosted.org/liberation-fonts/

What is a recommended directory to put them in?

Now I need the snippet of CSS code to reference my selected external fonts. This CSS will be in each EBook I modify. Either a code sample or a link to one I am too blind to find would be great.

This gives me an EPub that will work on my device. How to I store these fonts so they work in Calibre too?

Thanks!

Robert Mitchell
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
This sticky in the ePub board has most of the answers you'll need (the more important ones are mentioned in the first post).

Also towards the end there's another interesting link that tells you how to replace the fonts so that you don't have to keep modifying every epub file. Personally I prefer the second method.

Last edited by dmapr; 01-26-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Added the second link
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thank you! That is the thread I was looking for - no idea why I could not find it using Search.

I will get started and see how far I get. Looking forward to experimenting with fonts!

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote