Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-04-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
sony e-book shop has a bad customer service

I bought two e-books .. one was downloading fine. The other got this mysterious 007 error message.

I wrote a bug report last week. Haven't heard from them since.

(Btw. I tried all the solution suggestions here in the forum.)

In my opinion it's NOT a good idea to buy books from this shop. If something fails nobody cares and your money is gone.

Despite that there are no more updates for the Sony Reader 500er Edition. And the machine is still crashing occasionally with ebooks which have more pages.

I'm very dissappointed with sony - they won't see any more money from my wallet ...

In the future I will spend my money on iLiad content.

Last edited by joblack; 06-04-2008 at 10:34 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you tried calling support? I've done so with no problem at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
How did you contact them? I sent them an email to the address that comes up through the help section of the store and had a response within an hour and a resolution within a couple of hours. This was just last week. You may not want to list something as a bug report when you don't know what actually caused the issue. This could potentially cause the ticket to be misrouted.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Good point. Maybe the email went to the wrong place.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Good point. Maybe the email went to the wrong place.
Or the reply was caught by a Spam filter.

I've emailed them a couple times & always gotten a response within a day or two.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Also, have you just tried looking in your account through the Sony software? There is a section in there where you can look at your purchased books and re-download any or all of them. I had a book fail during download while purchasing it, and I was able to try again through my account. It downloaded successfully the second time. I don't remember the error number I saw when mine failed, so hopefully you'll find your book in your list, too.

Forgive me for repeating advice if this was one of the suggestions you already tried.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #7
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
How did you contact them? I sent them an email to the address that comes up through the help section of the store and had a response within an hour and a resolution within a couple of hours. This was just last week.
I used the sheet for that.

Where can I call them? Haven't seen a phone number on the page. I also have to call from Europe - we'll see if they respond to that =).
Old 06-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
Also, have you just tried looking in your account through the Sony software? There is a section in there where you can look at your purchased books and re-download any or all of them.

Forgive me for repeating advice if this was one of the suggestions you already tried.
Yeah sure it's in there. I've deinstalled the complete software, I've de-authorized the PC. I've rebooted, installed it back and tried downloading again. Same error message (the first book works fine .. thou).
Old 06-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #9
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
I had a problem with the sony book store a few months ago.

I'm in the UK. So I emailed support with my problem (I had a bunch of books in my cart but no BUY button) before I went to bed.

I had a response from them next morning seeking clarification, problem was solved that night.

Couldn't fault them.

I've now spent about $250 on books from the Sony Store (including my free $50) - yes the interface is a tad clunky, but honestly, I can find the books I'm after, I've swapped PCs, re-installed PCs, authorized and de-authorised (one time with support help, again via email, as I'd re-installed a PC without de-authorzing it first ) and re-downloaded them all a few times and as far as I'm concerend the Sony Ebook Store / Connect / library whatever it's called pretty much does what's it's supposed to.

So, getting back to the original post - I'd email support telling them exactly what's happening - they may come back and ask if they can login to your account (they did for me) and I'm sure they'll sort it.
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote