Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Nexus 7 (2013) -- Battery life?

Those of you who have a new Nexus 7, what are your experiences with the battery life? If you are mostly reading an ebook, perhaps even with wifi turned off, how long does a battery charge last? What about web browsing? Thanks!
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
Those of you who have a new Nexus 7, what are your experiences with the battery life? If you are mostly reading an ebook, perhaps even with wifi turned off, how long does a battery charge last? What about web browsing? Thanks!
If using a battery hog, like EA's Scrabble app the battery goes down about 10% an hour. If using Moon+Reader the battery seems to drain about 6.5% an hour. I've had mine for two weeks now.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
6.5% an hour is great. The old Nexus 7 excelled similarily in battery performance.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
FYI, Here is a 12.5 hour battery screenshot, see attached. The blue area is not connected to a charger. Where you see plateaus it was obviously asleep. I was reading, uploading files, beta testing some software, nothing too power hungry. The wifi was on and gps / location is enabled.

Update: I added voltage and temperature graphs for about the same period.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-16-10-53-41.png
Views:	253
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	109481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-16-11-10-39.png
Views:	254
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	109482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-16-11-10-29.png
Views:	231
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	109483  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-16-2013 at 11:13 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I haven't read a book on mine yet, but have been very pleased with the battery life. The first day I was loading apps and web browsing for something like 6 hours straight with the brightness around 50%.

As that level of brightness started to bother my eyes after a while, I've gone to around 25% for most use and getting even better battery life.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback. Looks like I'll pick up a Nexus 7 when they come out over here (in two weeks). Specs and price are fantastic, and the battery life seems to be top, too!
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote