Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #61
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
LOLOLOL. Guys and gals its time to grow up. There is no such a thing as a free stuff. Those Chinese hackers are brilliant. No one will ever send you any Kindle. Stop guessing if its stolen, counterfeited or anything else. You will not get anything. They are scammers and good scammers. People are so naive and always look for cheap or free stuff. Stop it! If you want to save money buy from Amazon or private seller. $45 Kindle 3 or $300 Kindle DX. U ve got to be kidding me. Could you just ask yourself, why such a hot product sells for so cheap. Those guys just steal American ebay account. List zillions of Kindles or other devices. Sell like 200 of them in two hours. Some of them dont even accept PayPal. You pay with your credit card. Money get transferred to some Chinese bank (why do you think Chinese economy is booming?? LOL, just kidding) and you can say bye-bye to your hard earned cash. Even PayPal might not help you cause the money has already been withdrawn. I also post on this forum may be a week ago about Kindle DX Ebay scam. All the cheap Kindles I watched turned out just being a scam. Just save you time and money and buy good stuff.
Happy reading
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #62
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3 G 3G (<-lol)
@pashlit: I got my steelseries for $25 shipped a year ago (brand new sealed box). It was retailing @Amazon for $70...
just saying...
ski_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #63
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_power View Post
@pashlit: I got my steelseries for $25 shipped a year ago (brand new sealed box). It was retailing @Amazon for $70...
just saying...
I also bought tons of stuff off eBay for half the price and I am also an eBay seller. But Kindles dont sell for 45 in unlimited quantities. Thats the whole point. I am not saying about private sellers who listed their Kindle at 3 AM in the morning and you managed to win the auction for cheap.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #64
Kenrose1
Kenrose1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Well, I ordered one of these after seeing them mentioned on this board. I have no idea how he manages to do it, but thought if it were so they would make nice Christmas presents at that price. Maybe someone was giving them away to sell a lot of books? Anyway, when I read the dire warnings here, I contacted both Paypal and E-Bay. E-Bay told me the listing was pulled but had nothing to do with a fraud. They said to wait 15 days and see what happens to file a claim. In the meantime, I had sent an e-mail to the address of the seller. This all happened on Sunday-Monday. This morning I received an e-mail from the seller saying not to worry, he was legitimate and that I should have the item (I assumed from China) in 18-25 days. I hope I do as they would sure make nice Christmas presents.
Ken
Kenrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #65
pashlit
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenrose1 View Post
Well, I ordered one of these after seeing them mentioned on this board. I have no idea how he manages to do it, but thought if it were so they would make nice Christmas presents at that price. Maybe someone was giving them away to sell a lot of books? Anyway, when I read the dire warnings here, I contacted both Paypal and E-Bay. E-Bay told me the listing was pulled but had nothing to do with a fraud. They said to wait 15 days and see what happens to file a claim. In the meantime, I had sent an e-mail to the address of the seller. This all happened on Sunday-Monday. This morning I received an e-mail from the seller saying not to worry, he was legitimate and that I should have the item (I assumed from China) in 18-25 days. I hope I do as they would sure make nice Christmas presents.
Ken
IF I were you Ken I would pulled the money immediately if possible. But I am not here to teach people how to manage their money. All I can say is that I am 99% sure it is fraud. The more you wait the more your chances to loose money. The account gets stolen. That guy can easily reply to your emails. I did some small research just a week ago. Kindle DX was selling for 320. I asked the seller questions and he promptly replied. After some time I received an email from Ebay stating the account was stolen and they are trying to return it to original owner. Anyways good luck.
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #66
jswinden
Nameless Being

I've ordered several ham radio parts and accessories from Hong Kong over the past few years and I always get the items withing 7-10 days. I realize the rest of mainland China is not the same as Hong Kong, but still 18-25 days seems rather long and thus somewhat suspicious.

If the listing was pulled by the lister and not eBay, then that should still be a huge red flag. I suspect eBay and PayPal would never admit to a third-party that they had pulled a listing due to fraud as that would damage their reputation.

But on the other hand I don't care. I did not buy one and I think those who did should have known the risk. There is always someone waiting eagerly to buy snake oil or to pay an evangelist to rant and rave an hour or two. Otherwise we would not have late night infomercials broadcast on TV.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-05-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #67
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Ken
Welcome to MobileRead, Ken.

Good luck. Please post back when you get yours.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #68
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Please post back when you get yours.....
If you get it, that is.
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #69
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
If you get it, that is.
Well.........I didn't really want to say that........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:33 AM   #70
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I agree it does sound too good to be true. Of course since (according to this thread) Kindles are actually manufactured in China (where the listing was posted from) it might be that part of the lower price is because it costs less to manufacture over there. Some U.S. Companies have moved plants to Mexico for the same reason, the labor is cheaper and so it costs less to make a given product. I'm not certain that's what happened here though. I don't remember anyone posting what the s/h costs were, but it can't be cheap mailing a package from China. Assuming that it wasn't all just a scam as some have suggested.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #71
Kenrose1

Shipping and handling was included in the $45.00
What a deal if it pans out.
Also, maybe they will also turn out to be in the business of selling books. Kind of like the phone companies giving phones away or at minimal prices to sell air time.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #72
prestodigitator
prestodigitator began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Shipping and handling was included in the $45.00
What a deal if it pans out.
Also, maybe they will also turn out to be in the business of selling books. Kind of like the phone companies giving phones away or at minimal prices to sell air time.
but this guy isn't working for a book company is he?
I'm really surprised this topic has run for five pages. lets just come back in a month and see who has their discount kindle.....
i'm betting the only thing we'll hear are the crickets....
prestodigitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #73
Kenrose1

I will keep you posted as to resolution.
As to the interest level, if it turns out that $45 Kindles are available, it is very noteworthy.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #74
Jacina
Jacina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
25 days? hmm that would put you solidly outside of paypals "protection" (which isn't all that)
Jacina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #75
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
If the listing was pulled by the lister and not eBay, then that should still be a huge red flag.
Surely that's the colour that a Chinese flag should be, isn't it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote