Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 03:07 AM   #1
Zorz
Zealot
Zorz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Technical PDf's on Kindle2

Now I wanted a ereader and told my lovely mother about it. She decided to get me a Kindle and so far it has been good. I find it to only be lacking in technical PDF's. In portrait mode I simply cannot read the documents unless the kindle is near my eyes. In landscape mode I can see the text a bit better but its not perfect. By not perfect I mean sometimes a line of text gets cut in half and it is impossible to see, the only work around I have found is to go down two pages and then back up, and the kindle will reformat the page.

Here is a Pic of the Kindle in Portrait Mode

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Now in Landscape, you can see the huge difference

Now in landscape mode, notice the bottom of the text you can see the top of the line

Now the next page, notice the rest of the cut of line at the top.

What can I do to stop this?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-19-2016 at 03:53 PM.
Zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:36 AM   #2
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
Not much but tell Amazon about your experience and ask for a better pdf-viewer to be included in the Kindle.
You could also try pdfcropper to reformat the pdf to better fit the kindle.
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
You could try processing with sopdf first.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
yashi
yashi began at the beginning.

Device: none
is that an A4 pdf file O.O

i thought the display wouldnt even be able to render the characters completely (because of the display size/dpi)

but that looks pretty good.
yashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #5
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Particularly for technical PDFs, try processing the PDF with k2pdfopt or PaperCrop before viewing on the kindle.

Last edited by willus; 12-03-2011 at 09:20 AM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert