Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
K4's right forward page turn button not working

On my Kindle 4, the right forward page turn button suddenly stopped working. Before it stopped working completely, I could restart it and it would work for awhile and then stop again. Now nothing makes it work. The other side is still fine, but since I am right handed it's a bit inconveniently placed for me. I was hoping someone here might have a solution to the problem.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Try a factory reset and see if that fixes it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
sneakyspider
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I have tried it, and it did nothing.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I have tried it, and it did nothing.
Then it's time to call Kindle Support for a replacement.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
Koko
thinking thing
Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.

Device: xx
There could be some dirt under it, have you tried pushing hard? This was an issue with my previous kindle dx.

Kindle 4 dissamblement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGYPtJX4ZeI

or try using some an air-can.

Last edited by Koko; 01-25-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
sneakyspider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Then it's time to call Kindle Support for a replacement.
I tried that, but unfortunately it's out of warranty. They offered me a refurbished Kindle Touch at a discount, but it would've been cheaper just to buy a new Kindle 4.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
sneakyspider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko View Post
There could be some dirt under it, have you tried pushing hard? This was an issue with my previous kindle dx.

Kindle 4 dissamblement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGYPtJX4ZeI

or try using some an air-can.
It worked! I pressed on it really hard, and blew air into the gap between the button and body of the Kindle and it's working fine now.

Have some karma.

Last edited by sneakyspider; 01-25-2013 at 02:55 PM.