Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Kindle Fire has ruined my relationship...

...with my Kindle Touch. I have preferred reading on the Kindle Fire lately. I don't know when I would go back to the Kindle Touch. Even my iPad has been a little jealous.

Anyone else have this issue?
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Same here with my Kindle 4 who feels very abandon.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought maybe I'd continue doing my long form reading on the Kindle Touch. But that hasn't happened. I've enjoyed reading on the Kindle Fire. The LCD doesn't bother me, I'm use to staring at LCD's for extended periods.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
I thought maybe I'd continue doing my long form reading on the Kindle Touch. But that hasn't happened. I've enjoyed reading on the Kindle Fire. The LCD doesn't bother me, I'm use to staring at LCD's for extended periods.
The only time it bothers me if I try to use the Kindle app in the dark. Screen Filter really helps out though.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
My Kindle Touch will be here tomorrow. Will have to see how it plays out.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Haven't touched my Sony T1 since I bought the Fire.
It, the T1, may wind up on ebay sooner than later.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
My Kindle Touch will be here tomorrow. Will have to see how it plays out.
Yes. Let us know. I'm always interested in use cases.

I'm sure I'll go back to it, probably for traveling & need the longer battery life.

I mean it's a great device, just liking the Fire more for now. Lol.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #8
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I havent even charged my K3 or DXG sine thefire got here. Haven't used either of them once... come to think of it, I haven't even used the computer...
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Yes. Let us know. I'm always interested in use cases.

I'm sure I'll go back to it, probably for traveling & need the longer battery life.

I mean it's a great device, just liking the Fire more for now. Lol.
I bought it simply to have an eInk device around when conditions warrant it. Other than that, I plan to make use of it for audiobooks. Just signed up for an audible.com membership. You get a complimentary audio subscription to the Wall Street Journal or NY Times (you can switch back and forth if you choose). I know I can use the Audible app on the Fire or any tablet. Looking forward to the compact size of the Touch for this purpose though. Whether it's in the car or someplace else.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The only time it bothers me if I try to use the Kindle app in the dark. Screen Filter really helps out though.
Yes, it's hard to beat the kindle e-ink devices as far as darkness in the dark is concerned ;-)

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Yes, it's hard to beat the kindle e-ink devices as far as darkness in the dark is concerned ;-)

Best regards,
Andy
What I mean the Kindle app is too bright unlike Mantano which I use as my main reader app because it has a second setting so I can lower the brightness of the book to perfect night time reading level. The Kindle App on the Fire does not have this but the stock Kindle Android app does. I don't know why they left it out but I have sent feedback asking for it to be put back in.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
:.. I have sent feedback asking for it to be put back in.
Same here.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #13
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
My relationship with my iPad is definitely worse, but as a result my relationship with my wife is better because she gets the iPad for her own use. So it's a win-win-win!
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
See, I just returned my Kindle Fire.. since I just can't see using it for extended reading session compared to the touch... which I can easily hold in 1 hand with little to no effort. The Fire is just too heavy for this, and the LCD screen is not as eye friendly to me.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
See, I just returned my Kindle Fire.. since I just can't see using it for extended reading session compared to the touch... which I can easily hold in 1 hand with little to no effort. The Fire is just too heavy for this, and the LCD screen is not as eye friendly to me.

BOb
I read one handed with the Fire. Did you try it in a case?

I agree without the Screen Filter app the LCD can burn your eyeballs. I keep mine a 0% but in the dark it's way tooo bright!