Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #1
den_lim
den_lim began at the beginning.

Device: None
Where to buy in HK

Can anyone tell me where to buy an ereader in HK?
Any idea on current prices there?
den_lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:34 AM   #2
T-bag
T-bag has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.T-bag has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.T-bag has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.T-bag has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Hanlin V3
Sony only sale in the US so far, they may lanch launch its e-book reader to UK 2008
Irex Iliad too expensive. Don't even think about it.
Jinke Hanlin eReader is better choice for right now. if you live in HK, you probably can read chinese. V3 can support traditional format which is benefit for you.

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E.../promotion.asp

The reasonable price for eRader (eink) is aroud $300
T-bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2007, 01:36 AM   #3
christy65
christy65 began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 6020
Re:

You can search it in eReader.com.
christy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:06 AM   #4
Ivan
Connoisseur
Ivan began at the beginning.

Try: shop 119, waichi computer center (tel:852-28929119)
It costs ~HK$3900.
Please also check seedigi.com
Good luck!
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:05 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by den_lim View Post
Can anyone tell me where to buy an ereader in HK?
Any idea on current prices there?
http://www.ereader.com is where you can find the eReader software. Once there, you should be able to find what devices the software runs on so you can purchase a compatible device.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bag View Post
Sony only sale in the US so far, they may lanch launch its e-book reader to UK 2008
Irex Iliad too expensive. Don't even think about it.
Jinke Hanlin eReader is better choice for right now. if you live in HK, you probably can read Chinese. V3 can support traditional format which is benefit for you.

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E.../promotion.asp

The reasonable price for eRader (eink) is aroud $300
The V3 or for that matter an other eink reading devices do not support eReader format. Hence why they are not called eReaders. I know you've used the term eReader to mean electronic reader. But eReader is the brank name for eReader format books and the program to read these books. This is a program/format created for Palms. By using the term incorrectly, you may end up giving others the thought that the V3 can read this format when in fact, it cannot.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:18 AM   #7
TGF
TGF began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
Try: shop 119, waichi computer center (tel:852-28929119)
It costs ~HK$3900.
Please also check seedigi.com
Good luck!
I ordered direct from Jinke to Hong Kong. Total cost including delivery and bank charges worked out at about HK$2700. Quite easy and quick, I thought about buying direct from a shop but it's not worth an extra $1200.

Absolutely loving my V3 so far!

T
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote