Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
wjt
wjt began at the beginning.

Device: none
adding names

I have, in Windows 7 "Documents", a list of book titles in the form of title, author. When transferred to Calibre, the titles are shown ok but the author column shows "Unknown". How do I get Calibre to show the full path of title and author?. Thank you
wjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjt View Post
I have, in Windows 7 "Documents", a list of book titles in the form of title, author. When transferred to Calibre, the titles are shown ok but the author column shows "Unknown". How do I get Calibre to show the full path of title and author?. Thank you
Give us an exact file name as an example.

Also under Preferences - Adding books do you have "Read metadata from file contents rather than file name" checked? If it is checked it will ignore the file name and use any existing metadata in the file to come up with the title and author.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert